My first post!

Agme28

Sep 2, 2017
Burscough
Hi everybody

My name is Abi and I joined the forum 2 years ago as I tell people about it a lot but I thought it was time I post myself.

I am a support worker for my local Age UK and my job is to visit people living at home with dementia or a memory concern and see how they and their loved ones are managing, tell them about other services and local activities that may be of interest and also introduce the person with dementia to meaningful activities if they wish.

So I might take someone along to a dementia cafe or a dance group or whatever it is they are willing to try. Some people don't want or struggle to leave the house and so then I might create a life book to leave with them. We work short term as we are a free service so generally upto a few months depending on what is needed.

It is a lovely, rewarding job and I have learnt so much both through meeting many many families living with dementia and my own training and research. So I see this forum as a way for me to share my experiences and also to ask questions which might help some of the families I support.

It is so lovely to have such a place to come as dementia is so complex and there are usually so many questions along the way. I hope I can be of some help too.

Thankyou

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @Agme28 and its good to hear from you - a belated welcome!
I think that you are doing a wonderful job - its just seems a shame that it is not more readily available

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27