Sexual behaviour

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I am not sure that telling the "girlfriends" that he has dementia is a good idea as at least some of them are likely to be scammers and you dont want to advertise that he is vulnerable.
Keep a close watch on his on-line activities. OH was a software engineer and very computor savvy, but even so I know that he has got caught by some scammers and given a few thousand pounds away :eek:. Once I realised what was happening I cancelled our on-line banking and restricted the sites he could get onto on-line (I used the wi-fi parental controls)

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Avis I think you should apply for NHS nursing healthcare on behavioural grounds. You are being sexually assaulted by your husband and so he is a danger to you. The LA must protect you against this and take him into care. Contact them and try to keep some notes of every time he assaults you. Just grabbing at you IS an assault, even if he stops when you object, never mind when he doesnt.

It is not acceptable that you have to lock your bedroom door for your own safety either.

Florencefennel

Jun 11, 2018
I am lucky that my husband is computer illiterate so that is not a problem however you might want to get onto his "friends" on line and tell them that he has dementia. You could pretend to be him and say something like, "My wife doesn't like me doing this because I have dementia". then maybe he will think he wrote it. But I agree that as long as you can monitor his emails he can't come to much harm.
It’s so hard to take everything away from him, I try to talk with him about what his feelings are...is he anxious about forgetting what he’s done during the day, but he says he doesn’t worry, just accepts it. These, of course are symptoms of FTD..lack of empathy generally, with poor judgement and an increasing loss of inhibitions. I am aware of the dangers of scammers and do often talk about it to him and he seems to be listening but who knows?

Olliebeak

Sep 13, 2014
Buckinghamshire
I was puzzled why my OH came back from his respite stays quite obsessed with sex. Last night it all became clear. About three times a year i risk a night out at the theatre. A very long play last night and I did not get home until 12.30. OH was still awake which is very unusual, and proceeded to tell me about a programme he had just been watching about kinky sex. Clearly on his mind and his - shall we say fidgeting - woke me up at 4am. He started to tell me about the programme again this morning but I told him I did not want to know. He is obviously watching late night TV when he stays in the residential home and getting all hot and bothered. Apparently he tells me, he can’t remember if we ever had an active married life and fortunately he can’t use a computer. Alzheimer’s always has another joker up it’s sleeve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laneyd