Mollie

gerrie ley

Apr 10, 2006
bradford yorkshire
I am posting to tell you all I have lost my dearest wife Mollie she was seven and a half years into this devils disease alzheimers. She contracted a urine infection on Monday the 10th of November I sent for the doctor who prescribed various medication she also had high blood pressure. Why dont doctors tell things to watch for like being unstable. on Thursday the 13th she woke at one am and was continually going to the toilet. This carried on until ten to five when she said I am going to the toilet I told her it was only five minutes ago that she had been. She got up and made her way to the bedroom door and then said I cant walk the alzheimers used to do all these sort of things I said you have walked to the door I am sure you can walk into the bathroom I watched from my bed to see the bathroom light go on which it did and then I was waiting for the light to go off when there was a cry from Mollie shouting gerrie followed by an almighty crash I rushed into the bathroom to find her on her back unconsious breathing but making a terrible noise I dialed 999 but she stopped breathing before they came there was nothing I could do I tried to revive her but she had gone. I am devastated all carers be aware of the urine infection We buried my loved one of fifty eight years on Friday I had wonderful support from my family and one of our friends flew from Cyprus where they live to the funeral he has gone back this morning the family have gone back to work I have just been to Mollies grave to talk to her I am lost

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Gerrie

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife Mollie, you must be devastated.

I can endorse what you say about UTIs. Although John did not die, his UTI last year had such a devastating effect on him, he had to be admitted to an EMI unit.

I wish GPs were more aware of the possible effect of UTI on someone with dementia, ours hadn't a clue.

But that doesn't help you, and I have so much sympathy for you. But you did so much for Mollie, and managed to care for her to the end. She was a lucky lady to have your love for all those years.

I'm glad your family and friends were so supportive, but now you must feel so alone. Please don't hesitate to post, we are still here for you.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Gerrie

Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences on your loss of Mollie.
Please remember Talking Point will always be here for you should you need a virtual shoulder to cry on.
With love xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Gerrie

I am so sorry to read about the loss of Mollie. After 58 years I can well imagine you feeling lost. As others have said, Talking Point is here and hopefully you will use it as and when necessary. I don't know whether you are aware but there is a particular section for people after the loss of their loved one. It doesn't matter where you post but I thought it may be a source of support and comfort to you at this time.

Love and best wishes

Squibbs

May 13, 2008
Portsmouth, England
Dear Gerrie, I read all the posts on TP but I dont often reply I just felt I had to write to offer my condolences too. My mother died (from cancer) after 58 years of marriage with my father and although he now has alzheimers and is confused about many things he never forgets or doubts the love they had for each other. Words are never enough at times of loss like yours but I do send you my sincere thoughts and prayers. Sue

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Gerrie so sorry to hear that you have lost your dear mollie , after 58 years i can imagine how lost you must be feeling, especially after24 /7 caring for her. ,and now it is all over it will be starting to sink in, if you are feeling low and need to chat you would be welccme to drop in for a cuppa with Trev and I, just pm me for details, My thoughts are with you and your family Pam & Trev

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Gerrie

Thoughts are with you at this sad sad time. UTIs wreak such havoc with this disease.

You will miss your beloved so much, but please join us whenever you need to talk. We will be here to listen

Love

Mameeskye

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Dear Gerrie

So sorry to hear of your sad loss sending you love and sympathy at this difficult time.

Linda x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I am so sorry to read of your wife passing away , I only know how you must be feeling , of feeling so lost because of how much my mother miss my father after he pass away after being married for 55 years , sending you my warm regards , please look after your own health xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry to hear your news and offer my deepest sympathies to you. These words do not seem adequate but I do hope you feel some comfort from the tremendous support here on tp.
With very best wishes
Jan

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Gerrie,
your lovely Mollie will be free from Alzhiemer's and watching over you. I hope the memorie's you have of the present subside and the memorie's of all the lovely times you have had in your 58year's together come to help you through.

Love and sympathy.xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Gerrie,

I'm so sorry to hear about Mollie. Please accept my sincere condolences.

58 years is a lifetime together...you will miss her dreadfully.

There's always someone here on TP if you need to talk.

Please look after yourself.

Love gigi xx

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
Gerrie, I'm so sorry you have lost Mollie, your post really brought tears to my eyes. May you find comfort in the fact you both shared a deep love that has lasted a lifetime, and that is more precious than anything.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Gerrie,

I'm truly sorry that you have lost Molly.

I send you my sincere condolences and deepest sympathy.

Take Care
Love, Taffy.

Georgina N

Nov 1, 2008
Shropshire
Dear Gerrie

Dear Gerrie,

So sad to read of your Mollie, just to say I feel so much for you
in your loss.
Talking Point is a wonderful forum with people who really understand and care, I do hope that you gain some comfort from it,

There is always someone here to connect with, so don't hesitate to post,

With much love, Georgina x