1st Respite Stay

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Mum is due to go for her 1st respite stay in just over a weeks time but I am not sure how many changes of clothes to send with her, I would be grateful for any advice.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I've no idea but wanted to say how pleased to hear you are having respite.

You did mention it was being planned and someone was steadily getting her used to the idea.

I hope you and your husband get a good rest, and maybe go away somewhere.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
I've no idea but wanted to say how pleased to hear you are having respite.

You did mention it was being planned and someone was steadily getting her used to the idea.

I hope you and your husband get a good rest, and maybe go away somewhere.

Thank you for your good wishes, I won't actually believe it until we are driving home, it's a 4 hour round trip.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @reedysue

I’m glad you’ve got some respite sorted. When my dad first went into his carehome for 4 weeks assessment I took him 4 full changes of outfit plus a couple of extra shirts 1 coat, 2 cardigans 1 pullover I pair of shoes and a pair of slippers and 4 sets of nightwear. 6 sets of undies.

This was fine. He could probably have managed with less as they had a laundry on site. Make sure everything is labelled.

I hope it all goes smoothly.

Last edited:

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I took in a change for every day, night ware the same. Mums respite cH washed all her clothes daily.
Hope that helps
Xx

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Thank you for your good wishes, I won't actually believe it until we are driving home, it's a 4 hour round trip.

Wow 4 hour round trip. I hope that goes well. I know you are very rural but still.

MIL is in the solway Firth area and I guess as her nearest decent sized supermarket is 40 mins away she will have same issue if it comes to needing a care home.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Wow 4 hour round trip. I hope that goes well. I know you are very rural but still.

MIL is in the solway Firth area and I guess as her nearest decent sized supermarket is 40 mins away she will have same issue if it comes to needing a care home.

Hopefully when the time comes a care home will be available much closer but it appears that there is no other suitable respite the moment.