There is help out there

Linton

Jul 27, 2019
Hi.. Oh diagnosed with LBD in February.. Stumbled on with various difficulties.. Urge incontinence.. Hallucinations not really feeling there was help out there... Last week reached a crisis with the hallucinations.. Ongoing day long and OH really depressed about 'strangers' in the house.. And getting angry.. Keeping us out of rooms and pleading with me to ring the police... I felt there was nothing but this for a future I don't want for either of us... Rang the GP and was referred to the older person's mental health team.. After a visit today I feel so much better.. Medication to help available.. So grateful at last to find help.... Hope for all xxxxxxx

Vic10

Feb 18, 2017
So glad you have found help.
Our GP has been a godsend, my OH generally refuses to go but I plod on and book an appointment anyway, so far he has always come with me.
I appreciate the problem is not going to go away but so pleased you have found support and medication to help. xx

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
Hi.. Oh diagnosed with LBD in February.. Stumbled on with various difficulties.. Urge incontinence.. Hallucinations not really feeling there was help out there... Last week reached a crisis with the hallucinations.. Ongoing day long and OH really depressed about 'strangers' in the house.. And getting angry.. Keeping us out of rooms and pleading with me to ring the police... I felt there was nothing but this for a future I don't want for either of us... Rang the GP and was referred to the older person's mental health team.. After a visit today I feel so much better.. Medication to help available.. So grateful at last to find help.... Hope for all xxxxxxx
Hi Linton:

Glad you found help, yes you are right there is help out there, trouble is we have to dig really deep to find it and often times it comes down to a crisis situation - which affects everyone involved and most times not in a good way. Glad you found some help, that might alleviate some stress. Now that you are on their radar it will hopefully help.

Best of Luck & sending many cyber love, hugs & many good thoughts for the future.:):):):)

Mydarlingdaughter

Oct 25, 2019
North East England UK
My Mum was also referred to the older persons mental health team. by the GP . Despite living in the different county the CPN was very willing to talk to me on the phone.
There is also help available via Social Care Direct.

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
My mums medication is prescribed by the mental health team and to date they’re the only people who’ve actually been any help during our dementia journey!

My mum also had the identical issues you described in you post. It was definitely difficult to deal with.

She was initially prescribed Lorazepam for aggression and agitation then Donepezil for hallucinations and delusions. Both work really well in the short term and if there’s a problem I just get in touch with the mental health team. Good luck x

Linton

Jul 27, 2019
Thanks to all for your good wishes... Can't tell you what a relief it is to feel there's some hope for a little improvement.. Xxxxx