Is this a best interest meeting??

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi.I spoke to dad's doctor today about him being preliminary booked for respite next week.I also explained about him becoming incontinent with poo overnight and being in his own 13hours.
Also about his capacity.
Apparently they have meetings once a month and it is the surgeries turn.They discuss people with complex needs and social needs. She told me the day and then asked if that was ok..Not sure if this is best interests of not.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I dont think so.
Best interest meetings are usually designed to make a decision about a particular question as to what would be in their best interest. The meeting is usually multidisciplinary and the person (and usually their next of kin or representative) is also invited.

Doctors regularly discuss patients with complex needs with their doctor colleagues (and sometimes the nurse practitioners, but not SWs or non medical staff) in order to gain different viewpoints and expertise, but only on a medical basis. A sort of "anyone seen anything like this before?" discussion. No decisions are made on behalf of their patients.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I dont think so.
Best interest meetings are usually designed to make a decision about a particular question as to what would be in their best interest. The meeting is usually multidisciplinary and the person (and usually their next of kin or representative) is also invited.

Doctors regularly discuss patients with complex needs with their doctor colleagues (and sometimes the nurse practitioners, but not SWs or non medical staff) in order to gain different viewpoints and expertise, but only on a medical basis. A sort of "anyone seen anything like this before?" discussion. No decisions are made on behalf of their patients.
Thanks I was a bit confused to be honest.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hi.I spoke to dad's doctor today about him being preliminary booked for respite next week.I also explained about him becoming incontinent with poo overnight and being in his own 13hours.
Also about his capacity.
Apparently they have meetings once a month and it is the surgeries turn.They discuss people with complex needs and social needs. She told me the day and then asked if that was ok..Not sure if this is best interests of not.

no I think this is just a case review
Wow your Dads surgery sounds fantastic!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar