Radio Interview

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Yesterday i was interviewed by my dear friend Lori La Bey on her USA radio station, we have been friends for years and was nice to catch up. yes, we talked about my new book but more important we talked about the progress we have seen over the last ten years regarding dementia.
We know we have so far to go yet, would be foolish to think otherwise, but sometimes we must reflect on how far we have come and how many changes there have been for the better, we really have and we must not forget this. Far to often we hear the gloom and doom, and how things haven't changed but they really have.
Attitudes have changed for the better, memory cafes all over the world, people talking openly about it, More TV coverage, people with dementia being employed again. people with dementia being asked their opinion and so so much more.
To all who have been a part of this, THANK YOU VERY much and please dont lose sight of how far we have come.
If you would like to Join Lori La Bey and me and listen to our chat about this and many other things we talk about, as soon as Lori lets me have the link i will share with all
Have a great day all
Norrms xxxxxxxxx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I think you are right, Norrms. In the 7 years since C was diagnosed with dementia the profile of the condition and indeed the way hospitals support both those with dementia and their carers has improved.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I’m pleased that progress has been made but also for some it’s regressed, seems to be a lottery as to people’s experiences.

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
Hi @Norrms
I completely agree dementia awareness is so much more out there now! It’s less hidden, people talk about it and aren’t ashamed. Since my diagnosis I have done as much as I can to raise awareness, funds & support my friends with dementia. Doing all of this helps me too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breazkrissy