Love to hate !

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
My husband is currently in hospital and how desperate I have become after going every day and him constantly hating me. Saying the most awful terrible things to me and then giving the nurses chocolate ! I am at a total loss to understand how love can so suddenly turn into this absolute hatred for the person nearest and dearest to you. I feel so so sad that the person who I have loved most of my life is hating me so much. A world of love and hugs go out to everyone who is dealing with this terrible pain in their hearts as I am xx

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
So sorry your husband is lashing out at you in his pain and confusion, Lirene. It is hard enough to see someone you love in hospital.

Fishgirl

Sep 9, 2019
My husband is currently in hospital and how desperate I have become after going every day and him constantly hating me. Saying the most awful terrible things to me and then giving the nurses chocolate ! I am at a total loss to understand how love can so suddenly turn into this absolute hatred for the person nearest and dearest to you. I feel so so sad that the person who I have loved most of my life is hating me so much. A world of love and hugs go out to everyone who is dealing with this terrible pain in their hearts as I am xx
Hi Lirene,
This really is the cruelest disease, the knives in our hearts are many, but this goes the deepest, we give all the love we have and still find more when needed, we take everything it throws at us and still come back for more because we love them! I know everyone says it’s still in them somewhere, and I’m sure it must be, like you say, how can all those years of love be wiped out! But it would make this journey so much easier if they could just show that it’s still there. We had our ups and downs like anyone,but I always knew the love was there, now I’m not so sure!:( We’ll carry on like we always do and live in hope.
Stay strong, love Sue xxx

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
As you all know, once the door is shut there is no one there, we have are our own thoughts racing around and the constant ache in our hearts. This forum is a life saver for us - no matter how bad things are there is always someone worse and here everyone understands what each of us is going through. Thanks to everyone for their kindness, my prayers and thoughts are for all xx