Mum in hospital again

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Mum back in hospital dad in hospital only me left to look after both dad got appointment with ear people up hospital tomorrow problem is mum got shingles with her dementia dad would help but he recovering from his stroke so I'm all they got left

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Been discharged got asperation phenomena on antibiotics not eating or drinking very little
TBH, although it is good that she has been discharged from hospital (not a good place for people with dementia) this doesnt sound all that good. Aspiration pneumonia usually means that they are getting close to the end. I have a feeling it might go either way.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Won't to see mum again today but I'm so tired just been with dad for ct scan feel like I'm letting her down not being able to get there not sleeping well don't help much either

Beanie01

Dec 4, 2017
Please don’t feel guilty @jelba, there is only so much you can do, and you will be no good to either of them if you make yourself ill trying to do everything.

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Seeing my mum in hospital yesterday on my own when they did blood test she felt the pain and I being selfish I love my mother only contact is grabbing her hand but she looks so tired and withdrawan her husband going to visit her tomorrow but he had a stroke and he struggling as well only me at home so tired going to try to go back to work as someone I knew had simular issues and he decided to take his own life but i wish he didn't and there was people he could turn to

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I would advice you to rest and not feel guilty, but know how hard that is in the circumstances, Jelba. I hope your employer can give you a few more days rest though, and will give you all my best wishes and strength.

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27