Deteriorating sleep pattern

Buteo

Mar 20, 2019
My wife has started getting up twenty minutes or so after having settled nicely to sleep at about 10.15. I can get her back into bed and settled, but she then gets up again ten minutes later and eventually refuses to go to bed completely. I've taken to locking the front door, shutting thedoor of the room where I sleep and trying to get a couple of hours rest. Usually something disturbs me around three in the morning and I get her into bed. The house is in chaos with lights on and various items scattered round at random. It's happened three times this last week and I'm literally tired of it!

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I have been dealing with sleep disturbance for quite a while and recently have been getting somewhere with the help of the medics in relation to changes in medication.

The situation is difficult and draining on us carers. The Society has a Factsheet that gives advice relating to various changes in behaviour, including sleep disturbance and you can read it by clicking the 2nd line of the following link. I hope it helps

Changes in behaviour (525)
PDF printable version

Mojosho

Sep 13, 2019
My wife has started getting up twenty minutes or so after having settled nicely to sleep at about 10.15. I can get her back into bed and settled, but she then gets up again ten minutes later and eventually refuses to go to bed completely. I've taken to locking the front door, shutting thedoor of the room where I sleep and trying to get a couple of hours rest. Usually something disturbs me around three in the morning and I get her into bed. The house is in chaos with lights on and various items scattered round at random. It's happened three times this last week and I'm literally tired of it!
My husband was like this and yes it's tough. I had to hide the front door key as he unlocked the door one night. Nothing they do makes any sense! When my son was a two year old he was doing this and it's not cute to see a geriatric displaying this strange behaviour. Then it suddenly stopped. What came next? He goes to bed at 7 p.m. and sleeps at least 12 hours. He leaves taps on at night, moves things around, collects piles of things. I'm looking at a pile of old videos on the t.v. stand. At what point in the night did they get there? My g.p. has given me some tablets (Lorazepam) and he only takes 2 half's a day but it seems to be helping.i wonder if anyone has written the book ' the worst in sundowning' yet!

Buteo

Mar 20, 2019
I'm hoping it will suddenly stop too. Thank you for your comments!