Dad's First Birthday Since His Death

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Yesterday was dad's first birthday since his death and yes it was very sad. However I put some flowers in a vase and went out to dinner with a friend. I didn't hear anything from my brothers but I did send an email saying what I was going to do yesterday and answering more questions about probate. I know they want to know about the house and that I will have to move but I can't face being pressured into making a decision.

I am just building my Piano and Violin teaching business since I stopped being a carer and I am dealing dad's stuff as well. I will invite my brothers for Xmas but I will be prepared to invite some friends are, like me, living on their own so that I don't spend Xmas on my own.

MaNaAk

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @MaNaAk
it's not easy marking that first year of loss ... it's good that you spent time with your friend

Sunday is often a quiet day on DTP, especially evening, as you know full well weekends can be extra stressful for carers ... folk will pop in given time

Champers

Jan 3, 2019
Yes you do. We’re all here for each other. You’ve given me such wise advice during last summer when I was at my wits end and it was more appreciated than you’ll ever know.

What a lovely way to remember your dad. As long as someone is in our memories, they’ll stay with us forever.

Don’t be pressured into selling your house until you’re ready and well done for making plans for Christmas - is it going to be the first since your loss? Surround yourself with true friends and maybe celebrate it differently from the traditional way or how you have previously? it can be a difficult time of year with all these images of perfect families and idyllic images being thrust at us by the media. Take time for yourself, be gentle on yourself and spoil yourself - you deserve it.

Thinking of you. Xx