The melody lingers on

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
The Banjoman died peacefully yesterday afternoon with his greatly loved brother holding his hand, I had said my farewell on Wednesday and knew he was in safe hands at his Care Home. I have recordings of their music together and YouTube posts and videos of his performances in various shows but his biggest legacy is the number of people he taught or encouraged to play a musical instrument. Sorry folks but there are quite few more Banjo players let loose in the country now!
All I can say is:-

And many thanks to all of you here on TP who have listened and helped over the past year.

Carol.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to read you news. I’m glad that Banjoman passed peacefully with his brother holding his hand. You have clearly been the best of friends to him. Wishing you strength,

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
My sincere condolences on the loss of The Banjoman. The love and music are wonderful legacies to leave behind and I am so glad that you shared the happy times together that you did.

Thinking of you. Sending you love and wishing you strength to see you through the difficult times ahead.

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
Sorry to hear the sad news of your loss, but pleased that the end for Banjoman was peaceful and he was surrounded by love.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Many thanks for your kind words, I am airbrushing out the last few weeks and months from my mind by looking for photos and watching YouTube videos.
My LPA legal duties are done but his executor and I (I refused that task) will make all arrangements necessary and ensure he has a good send off. I have already said I think they should expect more people to turn up than they anticipate, 50+ years of musical performance/ participation leaves a huge legacy.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
Sorry to hear your news, that was a lovely tribute to Banjoman. It's lovely you have photos and videos to remember him at his best. You've been a very good friend to him.

rainbowcat

Oct 14, 2015
Sorry this is late, just catching up...

Sorry to hear your news and for your loss, what a lovely tribute you posted for him. I'm sure you have lots of wonderful memories to cherish and he will have a fabulous send-off (if he's not already been 'sent') x