Dad declining.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I haven’t seen dad over the weekend but I have noticed he has declined more.
Urine output overnight 1000mls and lunch and tea only 50mls.
His efgr was 38 last week .I would say it is even less now.

He is talking even less now but when he is ,he is obsessed with me putting out the “grammersnails” which are crawling on the conservatory floor.I have put two out already.
Apparently a bank rang and said he had some money due him but he told them to leave it in the account.(I have all cards and paperwork at my house as he has been scammed before)Told me to ring them but he doesn’t have an account with this bank.Obsessed with money still.

I had to phone HMRC on his behalf and when he spoke to them he got his address wrong.He is not bothering with anything today.

I’m having to push drinks more today and stew I made he is going to finish off for tea from lunchtime. You can certainly notice the difference from a few days.Being Type 2 diabetic doesn’t help though.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Have you checked your dad's blood sugar levels, TNJJ ? That change in urine output pay indicate a problem with kidneys. My partner has had kidney stones and she is Type 2. The only time she suddenly declined in a similar way was due to kidney stones and her levels went up dramatically despite not eating or drinking much.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Have you checked your dad's blood sugar levels, TNJJ ? That change in urine output pay indicate a problem with kidneys. My partner has had kidney stones and she is Type 2. The only time she suddenly declined in a similar way was due to kidney stones and her levels went up dramatically despite not eating or drinking much.
Hi .Dad has CKD but I haven’t got anything to check his sugars with.He has never bothered and will not let me do it if I had.(fluctuating capacity)If it carries on I will get the nurse in as he will always allow her.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Dads HbAC1 result on the 12 of this month was 41.So that was a good one.We shall have to phone GP or nurse if this continues.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Back to dads today.He has gone even quieter but getting more bored (if possible).His cousin died this morning (last stage Alzheimer’s for 8years.No recognition etc)I told him but in 5mins he had forgotten.Definately on the way to becoming more incontinent with No 2 as he already has a catheter.
He is even more doubled up over the gutter frame and his walking is worse.
No urine output at lunchtime but some at teatime.
Really noticeable to me but not the carers!