RIP mum

Dutchman

May 26, 2017
Devon, Totnes
Just to let you all know mum died at 8:30 tonight. Dad was with her.

Thank you all for you for your support.

Suexx
My thoughts are with you and your dad. Your mum is at peace now and I know the grief you’re both going through. If you want to post to me I’d be happy to listen.

buttercups

Dec 31, 2015
So sorry Sue, to hear your mum has passed away.
Although this disease can entail so much suffering it must still be a shock when it eventually happens.
How long was she in the end stages? Were you expecting it?
Biiig hugs

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
So sorry Sue, to hear your mum has passed away.
Although this disease can entail so much suffering it must still be a shock when it eventually happens.
How long was she in the end stages? Were you expecting it?
Biiig hugs

Hello Buttercups,,

Thanks for asking.

Mum was at the end stage about 3-4yrs. She fell before her 90th birthday and broke h er femur. Ended up in hospital then nursing home.after that lost mobility and was incontinent. Her speech gradually went. Was sleeping a lot.

At the end last week it was really fast. Had a cold for a week, on antibiotics . Doing ok. Last Monday not good. Lost her swallow Tuesday and hard to wake. Put on comfort care Tuesday gone Thursday.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hello Buttercups,,

Thanks for asking.

Mum was at the end stage about 3-4yrs. She fell before her 90th birthday and broke h er femur. Ended up in hospital then nursing home.after that lost mobility and was incontinent. Her speech gradually went. Was sleeping a lot.

At the end last week it was really fast. Had a cold for a week, on antibiotics . Doing ok. Last Monday not good. Lost her swallow Tuesday and hard to wake. Put on comfort care Tuesday gone Thursday.
Thank you for posting this
X

Ray96

Sep 29, 2018
So sorry to hear about your mum Garfield, sounds very similar to how my own mother passed. My prayers are with you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513