You are not a Butlins red coat

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Thank you
I find that my conversational skills are limited but my one finger typing skills are dramatically improving as TP is a main outlet for thought & emotions!
I do so agree, I have said it before, how well, or how badly I feel can be measured by how often I come on here in a day. This is about 6 times already today, yet earlier in the week I managed 2 days without coming on here at all..............

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I do so agree, I have said it before, how well, or how badly I feel can be measured by how often I come on here in a day. This is about 6 times already today, yet earlier in the week I managed 2 days without coming on here at all..............

I was so up against it last week that I just folded in on myself as I didn’t want to cause offence with my language & make the moderators jobs harder!
No bleep machine could have coped with the torrent of frustrations that the Oxford dictionary struggled to express! sometimes only a good expletive will suffice!

so-here I’m folks - doggie paddling through life’s waves!!

Olliebeak

Sep 13, 2014
Buckinghamshire
What lovely analogies! Sand dunes, boats, toddlers and King Canute. I can relate to them all. Just another Saturday night here watching repeats on ITV3. I think I know every episode of Midsomer Murders, Foyle, Lewis etc etc off by heart.

Fishgirl

Sep 9, 2019
I was so up against it last week that I just folded in on myself as I didn’t want to cause offence with my language & make the moderators jobs harder!
No bleep machine could have coped with the torrent of frustrations that the Oxford dictionary struggled to express! sometimes only a good expletive will suffice!

so-here I’m folks - doggie paddling through life’s waves!!
Haha I do know what you mean about the language, I used to find It so offensive, especially from women, and I’d be really disgusted by the language the young lads & girls use nowadays. Now I find myself using the same words ( only quietly to myself though) several times a day, and I have to say I find it quite stress relieving! ;)

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
My OH ran his own business up until 5 yrs ago, but he had no hobbies, just loved his work, and he took good care of himself.
Now, he would wear his clothes all day, and to bed if I let him. If he drips food on his top, cause he is now messy, but it doesn’t bother him. He would read the same paper all day, cause he has forgotten he has looked at it, and 1 Scots magazine lasts for months, cause he has forgotten it.
He has the attention span of a 5 yr old. I give him little jobs to do, but don’t know why I bother. Today’s was taking the washing from the machine to the line. So he took the stuff from the tumble (didn’t know he knew where it was) and hung it on the line.
I used to put the football on and he could watch it all day, then I could read or sew, now it doesn’t interest him, and if I disappear upstairs, he panics and thinks I have left.
Sometimes it feels trivial, but when he is ranting, and I am sitting upstairs on the end of the bed waiting for him to calm down, it’s *****. And it’s going to get worse.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
My OH ran his own business up until 5 yrs ago, but he had no hobbies, just loved his work, and he took good care of himself.
Now, he would wear his clothes all day, and to bed if I let him. If he drips food on his top, cause he is now messy, but it doesn’t bother him. He would read the same paper all day, cause he has forgotten he has looked at it, and 1 Scots magazine lasts for months, cause he has forgotten it.
He has the attention span of a 5 yr old. I give him little jobs to do, but don’t know why I bother. Today’s was taking the washing from the machine to the line. So he took the stuff from the tumble (didn’t know he knew where it was) and hung it on the line.
I used to put the football on and he could watch it all day, then I could read or sew, now it doesn’t interest him, and if I disappear upstairs, he panics and thinks I have left.
Sometimes it feels trivial, but when he is ranting, and I am sitting upstairs on the end of the bed waiting for him to calm down, it’s *****. And it’s going to get worse.

music is amazingly soothing, it transcends dementia at times & is lovely to experience

worth a try
X

Mojosho

Sep 13, 2019
So sad for you. All the above same as mine but he doesn't rant. That may be because his heart is failing and he doesn't have the strength! He used to get up late, like midday so I had some time to myself to shower , dress etc. Now he gets up as soon as I move ( creaking floorboards) so I'm in my dressing gown and don't know when I'll get round to looking after my own needs. My thoughts are with you today. I hope it goes well.

Buteo

Mar 20, 2019
This all feels so familiar. Pointless boredom. I find my wife responds very well to music (which I usually like too) so that's a few minutes occupied. Small mercies...

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa