So bizarre !

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Still in hospital til at least Tuesday. I’ve got cancer of the R kidney. Bit of a shock, but fits all the symptoms. They have a meeting on Monday to sort out what they’re going to do all patients. Yesterday I had a 9 hour infusion of iron compounds the most boring thing ever!

Things are moving so fast, I’m getting confused!

Step dau coming today, will be interestingly. She was crying on the phone yesterday, I told her I was the only one allowed to cry!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Still in hospital til at least Tuesday. I’ve got cancer of the R kidney. Bit of a shock, but fits all the symptoms. They have a meeting on Monday to sort out what they’re going to do all patients. Yesterday I had a 9 hour infusion of iron compounds the most boring thing ever!

Step dau coming today, will be interestingly. She was crying on the phone yesterday, I told her I was the only one allowed to cry!

So sorry to hear your news :(

Thinking of you xxxxxxx

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I hope step dau's visit has been good and not too many tears from either of you. Xxx

Sat at a skoda garage having collected new car waiting for buyer of mine to meet me here. I feel boring buying the same as before and not even new but we just need a workhorse to get up and down motorways for fencing competitions. Sold to a cyclist via Facebook.

Now need to get round to selling our vw t4. Then replace that with a small round town run around which is cheapish for dau to go on insurance.

Dau is enjoying freshers week which really seems to be a fortnight. Her liver is certainly working hard.

Dau is racing near kendal on Sunday so home on sat. Son is fencing in Camden on sat. I'm doing round trip on train on sat.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019

Oh lovely, not the best news but hopefully the other kidney is fully functioning & will be happy to lose the dodgy one & take on the responsibility!

It’s a shock but naming how you feel & identitying the cause gives you choices & options. I have great hope that you will be soon on the road to recovery & planning your next trip/ adventure!

Sending hugs & best wishes!

Such a shock this news, but with your fortitude I have faith that this is just another of life’s hurdles; we are cheering you on in your sprint up to it!

Much love
Xxx

Amelie5a

Nov 5, 2014
Scotland
I’m beginning to think this is just a form of torture!

I can only begin to imagine how you feel - all psyched up for some answers about something so overwhelming . And then you don't get them - delayed for another 24 hours.

Thinking of you today and hoping that not only do you get some answers, you feel you're getting a bit of control back too.

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
I'm so sorry the meeting has been put off - has it gone ahead today?
Thinking of you, and hoping there's no more tortured waiting & that there's some news that is a reassuring surprise. xxx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Oh yes, they found an additional form!

1 meeting goes ahead, but doesn’t start till lunchtime

2 I don’t get any results until late afternoon. Those are that the op will go ahead as complete removal of right kidney........

3 but I must see the actual surgeon for detail, and he is around!

4 actual surgeon hoves into view. Yes, he is going to remove kidney, but by laparoscopic necroscopy. For those of you old enough to remember, that used to take Fallopian tubes out that way as a form of sterilisation you fill the abdomen with C02, not always nice.

5 have to go to clinic first, so have get and reply to clinic letter.

6 go to clinic

7 date for op

8 op

And how long will all that that?

Last edited:

Amelie5a

Nov 5, 2014
Scotland
Was anyone able to answer your question about how long it will all take?
Given they’ve had you in their clutches for over a week, I can see why you’d question having to go to a clinic before getting a date for the op which they already know you need.

This is what I hate so much about medical journeys.... you psych yourself up for one lot of information, only to find it just generates more questions and delays.

On the brighter side, do you get to go home soon?