Ideas for TV programs for PWDs

Pipeth

Jan 13, 2018
Northamptonshire
My Husband enjoys Heartbeat and The Royal series, he enjoys the music that is played throughout the programmes. He will watch all the old comedies and is currently watching the new Dr. Martin series. He loathes the news as he cannot understand any political items, getting upset when stories involving tragedy with loss of life.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
My mum likes last of the summer wine, I record it every day on drama channel and then have some ready to watch when she's at our house. At her house we tend to watch home programmes like escape to the country, garden rescue, fantasy homes by the sea, homes under the hammer, diy sos on bbc1, home and really channels, she also likes money for nothing where the presenter goes to a dump it site, finds items that people refurbish and redesign and sell on which has been on bbc1 and is now on quest red, we also recently discovered she likes antiques roadshow and the repair shop. She likes gps behind closed doors on channel5 too (which is rather odd as she doesn't like going to the doctors and avoids it, mind you I too enjoy it and I don't go to doctors either) tonight she was going to watch highlands midwfe. Her old favourites were vera which she does sometimes still watch but some others like house, greys anatomy and ncis she doesn't seem to want to watch now, I think she struggles to follow them. She also seems happier to watch old favourite films she's watched lots of times rather than new ones she doesn't know yet.

Last edited:

Lizzy97

Nov 24, 2018
My mother is 96 and was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2005. It has been increasingly difficult to find programs that would interest her over the years. The biggest success was Jewel in the Crown DVD set. She will still watch things like all the Catherine Cookson films on TV. So for 50 years she paid her licensing fee, and will have to start paying again... is the BBC going to produce anything that she would enjoy? It doesn't seem at all likely. I have old VCR tapes from the 80's - when the BBC offered fascinating discussions, moving drama, poetry and even.....learning opportunities! Classes in art, languages, history, science - all clear and comprehensible. I am getting a bit worried now - what am I going to be able to watch - not too far into the future? Or are we looking at taxation without representation?

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Everyone with a disability and in receipt of attendance allowance at least should get a rv license free.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976