Where to buy a fleece blanket

Jamesw46

Sep 11, 2019
Hi Folks,now that it's getting colder,I would like to buy my mother a couple of new fleece blankets as she's bedbound during the day she has 2 fleece blankets as they are comfortable and quick to dry after washing,she has a proper duvet at night.
I'm wondering if anyone has bought anything like this recently so they could advise where to get them from that are decent quality as I haven't got a clue,any help much appreciated.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Jamesw46

I buy fleece blankets from Primark. They’re cheap, soft, wash well and dry quickly.

I’ve also bought them from ALDI but they only have them occasionally as special buys. Worth looking out for though as they are very nice and very good value.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
They are stocked in most stores with a homeware section, I've seen them in both Wilkinsons and sainsburys in the last week or so.

So any large supermarket branch should have them if you can get to one.

Jamesw46

Sep 11, 2019
They are stocked in most stores with a homeware section, I've seen them in both Wilkinsons and sainsburys in the last week or so.

So any large supermarket branch should have them if you can get to one.
Hi thanks, that's a good idea I shall have a look in my local Sainsburys,I have taken measurements,it will be nice to feel for thickness rather than buy blind on the internet I suppose.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Try Home Bargains if you have one near you, or similar 'poundland' type cheap homewear shops. HB have a huge selection of bedding and interior design stuff. They have loads of different fleece and fluffy blankets, sometimes described as 'throws' and intended for bed or sofa.

I got a huge black one last Christmas for only £9.99 that is very soft and fluffy. Unfortunately the cats have appropriated it so I need another :rolleyes: (But fortunately I can throw it in the washer and it dries quickly.)

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
I am pretty sure I bought a fleece blanket for my mother from Dunelm, so worth looking there if you have one nearby.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Ikea have pretty ones. You can get the type with a sort of polar fur on one side. Mummy loves anything with fur. Not real, I hasten to add, and I think it went in the tumble drier.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Home bargains or b&m have some lovely velvety soft fleecey ones. They tend to have both the felty fleece abd the velvety type fleece in our b&m. They're lovely and soft to touch and usually have a good colour selection. I got 2 lovely cream velvety fleece ones from aldi last year but as someone has said they don't have them all the time. I also got a nice one in spring from matalan.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
I have bought my mum several thick teddy fleece blankets from Dunelm, she loves them and they come in a good range of colours.

Ohso

Jan 4, 2018
Mum loves her fleeces, I have them in several thicknesses to suit the weather as mum seems to like the weight on her. I bought a couple from Amazon (with great reviews) one from Costco and another from Dunelm, there are so many to chose from.

I also find mum likes to snuggle with one of those warmer things you shove in the microwave to warm up, also covered in fleece :)....and fleecy socks ( Primark)

Jamesw46

Sep 11, 2019
Thanks for all your advice folks,I'm not near any of those good shops that you mentioned,I found a very good one at Costco for £15.99 @Ohso which had great reviews but I would have had to pay another £15 to join,So I looked at the labels on it in the photo and searched the net and the cheapest was £20 from Ebay it was nearly £40 in some places,so I have ordered it,I look forward to my mum having a good snuggle when she gets it @Jaded'n'faded our cat was snuggled up with mum on her old fleece today,I have to often slide him off her bed when the carers come in.

Jamesw46

Sep 11, 2019
Mum loves her fleeces, I have them in several thicknesses to suit the weather as mum seems to like the weight on her. I bought a couple from Amazon (with great reviews) one from Costco and another from Dunelm, there are so many to chose from.

I also find mum likes to snuggle with one of those warmer things you shove in the microwave to warm up, also covered in fleece :)....and fleecy socks ( Primark)
Primark is another place that I have missed out on as not being near one,I hear so much about the place,the fleecy socks sound nice,I get my mum bed socks from Cosy feet as they do a nice wide fit,£15 for 2 pairs though

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Our local charity shops have brand new ones for sale ranging from baby blankets to full size ones in pretty patterns and different thicknesses. I bought one last year as a Christmas gift for an elderly friend and she loves it. This is the cheapest place I can find to buy them. I buy the baby blankets for my cats.

Jamesw46

Sep 11, 2019
Our local charity shops have brand new ones for sale ranging from baby blankets to full size ones in pretty patterns and different thicknesses. I bought one last year as a Christmas gift for an elderly friend and she loves it. This is the cheapest place I can find to buy them. I buy the baby blankets for my cats.
We have good charity shops,I would be lost without them,I have lost 4 stone this year so have bought clothes from the charity shops as my old clothes were hanging off me,a couple of the shops have high standards and the clothes look hardly worn

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
We have good charity shops,I would be lost without them,I have lost 4 stone this year so have bought clothes from the charity shops as my old clothes were hanging off me,a couple of the shops have high standards and the clothes look hardly worn
I buy most of my clothes from charity shops. I only buy something if it is better than something I already have and have some really great things. My favorite charity shop opens seven days a week and I even bought my Gortex walking boots there for almost nothing.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
I see you've found some James. In case anyonelse is looking, I just bought a couple from M&S. They have a smooth fleecy throw in various colours for £10 (bought one of those for my mother for Xmas) and also a cosier 'teddy fleece' (£15). I bought online because our local M&S is small and fairly hopeless.