Challenging valuation of property under CRAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueand white

Sep 25, 2019
Hi @blueand white and welcome to DTP.

I thought I would draw your attention to the fact that the post you have quoted is from 2013 and there have been updates to CRAG since then - in particular where is comes to how homes that are owned by more than one person are valued.

I am not sure about the exact details and I hope that someone with more knowledge will post, but I do know that the particular clause you are talking about has been changed

Thanks for responding I'm just starting out with this journey, there seems to be a lot of information to take in not all of it clear, I downloaded CRAG from the gov.uk portal if anyone can offer advise I would be grateful.

blueand white

Sep 25, 2019
Hi blue and white, welcome to TP
I think it's worth pointing out that this is a very old thread, over 4 years in fact.
Since this thread the CRAG guidelines have ceased to exist and have been replaced by the 2014 Care Act which can into force on 1st April 2015 so you can forget anything said in the CRAG rules as they no longer exist or apply.
It might be better if you start a new thread in the legal and financial and ask for advise there but forget any reference to CRAG as that's history now, I'm surprised if you spoke to a solicitor that they didn't tell you of the change in the law.
K
Edit, beaten to it by Canary

Hi new member so not posted enough yet to start a thread that's why I posted on the old thread I was reading at the time, The solicitor in question didn't mention CRAG but did quote a case in law that he based his advise on. As I said there's a lot of information and I need to find what's relevant so I appreciate the information about the 2014 care act, age uk factsheet 38 section 5.1 does seem relevant and that was my starting point

Status
Not open for further replies.