So bizarre !

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Well! I never expected to be in hospital, but here I am, getting institutionalised.
Got back from holiday on Friday. awful journey, loads of traffic, several accidents.
I managed to go without my iPad, so did a quick catch up. Decided to go to bed.Next thing I’m flighting things on the way to the floor! I thought I was in the bedroom, but no, it was the dressing room. For some reason I didn’t put the light on! Tried to crawl around to find something useful, like big chunky pillow. Couldn’t reach.
Now I’m getting worried. I haven’t got a phone with me, I can’t stand. So decided to sleep it out. Unfortunately, the floor there was concrete, albeit with carpet on top.
Stuck!
And I stayed stuck until Sunday! Then my cousin phoned the police, got the neighbours phone number, and they came over, saying they were just about to come anyway cos they hadn’t seen me!

So no food, no water, no phone, no amenities! How do I get myself into these situation?

Anyway, neighbours swiftly followed by paramedics, who swiftly rushed me off to hospital.
Still here!

Not sure I’m ticking all the boxes for being on the floor for a while, but kidneys are Ok. Still have problems walking though. Was I saying about a wheelchair? Seems urgent now!
Paramedics are arranging for an alarm to wear. Never felt one was necessary before!
Apparently the long coach journey before didn’t help.

And that was my weekend.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
So sorry to read you're in hospital. Easy enough when tired to make mistakes when tired.

Pendant sounds a sensible idea when you are on your own xxxx

Sending massive hugs xxxx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Soon. Just seen consultant, depends on how long it takes to sort a physiotherapist, generally in short supply around here, and how quickly I can do lying/standing BP OK. So 1-3 days, probably ( have you ever heard a doc commit totally?)

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Well! I never expected to be in hospital, but here I am, getting institutionalised.
Got back from holiday on Friday. awful journey, loads of traffic, several accidents.
I managed to go without my iPad, so did a quick catch up. Decided to go to bed.Next thing I’m flighting things on the way to the floor! I thought I was in the bedroom, but no, it was the dressing room. For some reason I didn’t put the light on! Tried to crawl around to find something useful, like big chunky pillow. Couldn’t reach.
Now I’m getting worried. I haven’t got a phone with me, I can’t stand. So decided to sleep it out. Unfortunately, the floor there was concrete, albeit with carpet on top.
Stuck!
And I stayed stuck until Sunday! Then my cousin phoned the police, got the neighbours phone number, and they came over, saying they were just about to come anyway cos they hadn’t seen me!

So no food, no water, no phone, no amenities! How do I get myself into these situation?

Anyway, neighbours swiftly followed by paramedics, who swiftly rushed me off to hospital.
Still here!

Not sure I’m ticking all the boxes for being on the floor for a while, but kidneys are Ok. Still have problems walking though. Was I saying about a wheelchair? Seems urgent now!
Paramedics are arranging for an alarm to wear. Never felt one was necessary before!
Apparently the long coach journey before didn’t help.

And that was my weekend.

How frightening for you, hope you are home soon & feeling better. Mums alarm company are lovely & chatty, very friendly.
Take care
X

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Goodness @Spamar how frightening to end up on the floor like that!
I hope all these tests get to the bottom of what is wrong

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Sorry to hear you are still in hospital Spamar - I hope the food is good.

Our local hospital the food is good, a neighbour ended up being transferred from cancer treatment hospital to the 'local' acute hospital - food was awful and she lost a lot of weight, so had to build strength up for chemo!!

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hi folks I’m still here, undergoing yet more tests. Maybe freedom tomorrow!

I have visions of you tunnelling out !! I hope you have answers soon, sending positive good health vibes & best wishes.
Hope the food is ok- or that they do deliveroo in your area!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
The food is total rubbish, JM. How someone gets better on what they feed you here beats me. I know I’ve lost weight (2 kg). Ah well, I suppose Sylvia will be pleased! And they gave me loads of iv fluids when I came in. Just waiting to go shopping!

Hi DofD. The more answers I get, the more questions are thrown up. But I should be able to get home before Saturday .
I think it’s all the waiting around that gets me!

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Oh sweetheart, are you up to reading?
I have found some amazingly good books recently.

The food is total rubbish, JM. How someone gets better on what they feed you here beats me. I know I’ve lost weight (2 kg). Ah well, I suppose Sylvia will be pleased! And they gave me loads of iv fluids when I came in. Just waiting to go shopping!

Hi DofD. The more answers I get, the more questions are thrown up. But I should be able to get home before Saturday .
I think it’s all the waiting around that gets me!

At least the hospital sound as if they are on the case, & are determined to find out what caused your collapse.

Hope your TP support network helps whittle away some hours
Sending positive health vibes over the internet.....

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Sorry to hear the food is rubbish . Hopefully you've had a couple of visitors who can bring you treats.

I'm sure Sylvia @Grannie G didn't want you losing weight this way.

I'm sat at hairdressers for a while. Might finally manage to turn up son's school trousers. Although he is skinny his thighs are large from a summer of cycling so we had to go up a size. He's been managing on the one pair I've turned up so far.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
@Spamar I hope that progress is being made and you will be out soon or are already home

I've had a really ****** week in work, so enjoyed my very wet bike ride with 5 of the 'lads' - they range in age from early 40s to early 70s. Plenty of lad banter, some of it with innuendo, but most of it not to cheer me up.

This mornings worlds junior women's race in Yorkshire had contemporaries of dau in the GB team, odd to watch kids you've seen grow up on the telly.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
@Spamar I hope that progress is being made and you will be out soon or are already home

I've had a really ****** week in work, so enjoyed my very wet bike ride with 5 of the 'lads' - they range in age from early 40s to early 70s. Plenty of lad banter, some of it with innuendo, but most of it not to cheer me up.

This mornings worlds junior women's race in Yorkshire had contemporaries of dau in the GB team, odd to watch kids you've seen grow up on the telly.

You must be so proud
X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kez15