Another horrendous evenin

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Much better night last night aided by his having had a peaceful evening, thanks mainly to two TV programs he actually enjoyed. Most programs are of no interest to him and he ends up pacing, or badgering me with attempts at totally confused 'conversation' that by the evening just infuriate me.

Linton

Jul 27, 2019
Hi Roseleigh.. My OH rants at 'people' who come into the house and asks me how they get in and has me move my mobile and bags so they don't take them
Constant locking doors then opening them so they can get out... The only way to deal with it is to go along with it... Not easy but it does make him more settled... Drives me mad but anything that makes life easier.... I feel for you as a fellow sufferer xxxx

Fishgirl

Sep 9, 2019
Hi Roseleigh.. My OH rants at 'people' who come into the house and asks me how they get in and has me move my mobile and bags so they don't take them
Constant locking doors then opening them so they can get out... The only way to deal with it is to go along with it... Not easy but it does make him more settled... Drives me mad but anything that makes life easier.... I feel for you as a fellow sufferer xxxx
Hi, I keep reading on here about them seeing people, and thinking, oh thank goodness he doesn’t do that!
But the other night we were in the kitchen (because he follows me everywhere :rolleyes:) and he asked me where all the people had gone out of the living room, I hope that’s not a sign of it starting, because I think that would scare me to death!:eek:

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
I actually had an even worse night with him last night, the 'evil' men back, and he was all over the place shouting, aggressive and banging on doors with his fists, being rude to me too, to the point where I was thinking of ringing the local psycho geriactric mini hospital. Just as well I didnt bother as I called his nurse this morning to ask if they can do a proper medication review and he told me there is NO 24hr emergency call out for Alzheimers, all you can do is call the police. :rolleyes:

Anyway as dawn broke I finally managed to settle him, peppermint tea and some cheese bread, and after went back to bed, Think he must have nodded off in chair too as he was quiet for a few hours. LIke a vampire the monster seems to come out in the dark.

He's been generally peaceful today but still unconvinced these evil 'businessmen' are anything less than real, very successful too apparently having a beautiful shop and workshop - he couldnt say what they made;). They were demanding money from him (for doing something to his bed which he thought they, not he, had moved) and he'd offered the magnificant sum of 80K - god forbid!!! Finally having failed to convince him it was a dream I decided instead to go along with this and said I'd call at the shop and explain we don't need them, and that it was all a mistake because OHs got dementia and had got confused. He was thrilled about this and bizarrely remembered and wanted details of how it had gone when got back home! So more lies! o_O At least he seems more relaxed and luckily I managed to find a couple of TV programs which he actually enjoyed this evening so far less pacing about. Hope there is no return tonight.

My mother is exactly the same every evening! I feel physically sick wondering how bad it will get! I watch the hours tick away on the clock getting closer to the evening and I want to run away!

We’ve tried lots of medication and nothing works. It’s mostly a trade off as well the meds might lesson one symptom but make another worse! You have my sympathy, sending you a

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi, I keep reading on here about them seeing people, and thinking, oh thank goodness he doesn’t do that!
But the other night we were in the kitchen (because he follows me everywhere :rolleyes:) and he asked me where all the people had gone out of the living room, I hope that’s not a sign of it starting, because I think that would scare me to death!:eek:
It might not be hallucinations.
Mum used to think that people on the TV were actually in the room and would later wonder where they had gone.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It worked but at the same time I am reluctant to confirm these hallucinations, not all of which seem tto frighten him as much as these 'evil men'.

Could you ask your husband to ignore these `evil` men and they will go away. Or could you tell him you will phone the police and make believe a phone call.

Fishgirl

Sep 9, 2019
Mum used to think that people on the TV were actually in the room and would later wonder where they had gone.
Ahh yes that makes sense because we were going to bed, and I’d just turned the tv off.(phew) thanks.x

Linton

Jul 27, 2019
Hi.. The TV is also a problem with my OH especially if its the news and they look full on to the camera.. He thinks they can see him and hear him talking so tells me to be quiet.. I now turn it off and put some of his favourite music on.. Seems to do the trick... Get that I try anything to make him feel better... Hope it helps xx

Fishgirl

Sep 9, 2019
Hi.. The TV is also a problem with my OH especially if its the news and they look full on to the camera.. He thinks they can see him and hear him talking so tells me to be quiet.. I now turn it off and put some of his favourite music on.. Seems to do the trick... Get that I try anything to make him feel better... Hope it helps xx
Yes thank you Linton, it does, it could also explain another strange thing he says when he’s in bed, (well In and out of bed I should say :rolleyes:) He worries that there are still people downstairs, I couldn’t understand that one, because he wasn’t actually seeing people but thinking they were in another room!! Thank goodness for this forum or I’d be constantly baffled!:eek:

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
My mother is exactly the same every evening! I feel physically sick wondering how bad it will get! I watch the hours tick away on the clock getting closer to the evening and I want to run away!

We’ve tried lots of medication and nothing works. It’s mostly a trade off as well the meds might lesson one symptom but make another worse! You have my sympathy, sending you a

Oh dear that is terrible every evening. You have my sympathy!

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Could you ask your husband to ignore these `evil` men and they will go away. Or could you tell him you will phone the police and make believe a phone call.
Well my lie about going to their shop, and telling them there's been a mistake and we dont need them to come anymore has worked , sort of!! Shall keep your suggestion of calling the police in mind should they return!;)

The latest fear is that there is a bomb in the house and we're in danger of being blown up! I suspect its occasional 'bangs' from the boiler (rather small 'bombs') that have triggered this. British gas have actually checked it out so no lies needed. Trouble is he forgets this...

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Yeah mine got alarmed after watching Midsommer Murders one night.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Yes I had to monitor television programmes.

We were watching Come dine with me with a rather rowdy bunch of diners.

My husband said " Let`s not eat with them. Let`s eat on our own."

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Yes I had to monitor television programmes.

We were watching Come dine with me with a rather rowdy bunch of diners.

My husband said " Let`s not eat with them. Let`s eat on our own."

LOL, don't blame him. I put that on this afternoon for OH, not the kind of program he would normally watch, but could hear him chuckling away. One to consider for the future I think.

Fishgirl

Sep 9, 2019
Well my lie about going to their shop, and telling them there's been a mistake and we dont need them to come anymore has worked , sort of!! Shall keep your suggestion of calling the police in mind should they return!

The latest fear is that there is a bomb in the house and we're in danger of being blown up! I suspect its occasional 'bangs' from the boiler (rather small 'bombs') that have triggered this. British gas have actually checked it out so no lies needed. Trouble is he forgets this...
Oh please don’t mention the boiler, I’m dreading the winter, because he’s completely forgotten the concept of a thermostat, he spent the whole of last winter constantly feeling the radiators, and saying the boiler must be broken because they weren’t red hot ALL the time! The service engineer managed to convince him that it was working perfectly but like you say, that was forgotten 5 minutes after he’d gone! Oh great something else to look forward to :(

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
I wouldn't say anything in particular on TV worries my husband, except he can't stand people laughing. Each time he will put on a false laugh back at them and comment that he hates people who laughs like that.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27