Today's Times Newspaper

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

I am probably in the wrong place here but I am letting you know that there was an article in the Times newspaper today saying that the number of pensioners having to sell their home to pay for care has risen substantially and that Boris Johnson is going to tackle this. We therefore need to let him know how to tackle it somehow.

MaNaAk

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
I think they will just make it easier for people to hold on to the home until death then funds will be paid from house sale proceeds for those having care at home which will be a lot of people with the shortage of care homes,they aren't going to foot the bill so family members can have an inheritance

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
It's all disgusting though. Dementia is an ILLNESS, not a social care need and with illnesses you should not have to sell your home. Come on Boris!

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
It's all disgusting though. Dementia is an ILLNESS, not a social care need and with illnesses you should not have to sell your home. Come on Boris!
I completely agree with you,I always look at the worst case scenario to try in a way brace myself for any bad news like being made homeless,I hope things work out for all of us though

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
I completely agree with you,I always look at the worst case scenario to try in a way brace myself for any bad news like being made homeless,I hope things work out for all of us though
Yes, so do I. Fingers crossed that something changes and very soon... :)

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Yes, so do I. Fingers crossed that something changes and very soon... :)
Mind you another thing that worries me is Corbyn's pledge to raise the minimum wage to £10,mum's funds would run out very quickly then and when it gets to the stage were the LA pays how are they going to afford those higher bills,they certainly would want money from the house then:(

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
Totally agree it’s an illness about time it was recognised as such

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brose