A moment at a time

One Moment At A Time

Jan 4, 2019
Puerto Rico
Thank you for your time, I'm ... an alcoholic in recovery, I regularly I'm accompanied to AA meetings, thanks to a Higher Power I have not had a 1st drink for over 26 yrs., I'm 58, skin cancer survivor & been Dx with the early stages of Alziemer's disease & prescribed by my neurologist since 11/2008 with Namenda XR 28 MG, Aricept 5 MG, I too see a psychiatrist regularly & also take med., to help me sleep, depression & anxiety \\\ Yes indeed life isn't "peaches & cream", what HE has bless me with is with a wonderful wife of close to 37 yrs., old marriage, to wonderful married children & two treasures (grandsons 9, 12 ), we eat ice cream, go to the movies, accompanied them bowling, play dominos, cards, ..., I'm a Hispanic disabled U S Army veteran -- there is a saying in spanish "lo que no te mata, te hace más ... fuerte", what doesn't kill you, makes me much ... more stronger, through my Higher Power in the AA meetings from the many things I have learn is to take live's daily issues "baby steps" / " don't give up it's only a moment at a time" ---- furthemore HE has thought me not to be embarres to ask for help or seek proffesional help, best wishes to every one, may the Higher Power of your understanding instill in your inner self calmness / peace & have a blessed day together with loved ones & friends, " when you confront yourself in live with a lemon (get some sugar) & make it nice & sweet",

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You are using everything you have to help give you strength to cope with what life has given you @One Moment At A Time and long may you continue to do so.

You gain strength from your faith and your family and it does sound as if you are a `glass half full `person`.

One Moment At A Time

Jan 4, 2019
Puerto Rico
Thanks so much for reaching out, this is indeed a fenominom (It work!) you tell me & I tell you ---> is theropetic, just as the Alcoholic Animimous meetings I been attending since I was 33yrs., it's really a blessing having fellowship with these friends all these yrs., over a nice hot cup of coffee, I'm really looking forward having fellowship this Saturday with an Alziemer's disease surport group, be safe, always buckle up & take care --- 'One moment at a time'

One Moment At A Time

Jan 4, 2019
Puerto Rico
Hi everyone today (Saturday) I attended my 1st AD Support Group Meeting it really was a great blessing, be safe & take care, may the Higher Power of your understanding instill His calmness / peace of mind in your inner self, Chao