Chattering

Crafts101

Aug 22, 2019
I wondered if it might be connected with the vd from all of the information overload I am reading through and trying to understand. This forum though seems a great place for getting answers/help to the daily things we are all experiencing. I did start to wonder if I had a problem with my sense of smell as I could not detect what mum was smelling and getting worried about. Thanks

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Sadly I can relate to this. When my husband gets up in the morning he prefers no noise and no lights. Have to admit it drives me crazy. He used to, when napping, if I try to watch tv come charging out of the bedroom because it was too loud. I try turning it down but then I can’t hear it. I think the quiet and the dark makes me lonely. All I hear is he needs to get out and do things in order for things not to get worse. I know that isn’t going to happen. I have always hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas here for my rather large family and I just don’t know how I am going to handle it this year. I need the interaction myself. Groan !

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Hello Shartyrr
It upset me to read that you feel lonely when you aren't able to watch TV as the sound aggravates your husband's symptoms.
Do you watch programmes on a traditional 'stand in the corner' TV, if so, does it have a hole (not very technical but I don't know the proper name) that you can plug earphones into. Likewise, watching and listening to TV on a laptop / tablet / phone will be easy with earplugs plugged in.

TV can be such a lifesaver, it connects you to the outside world and brings normality / drama / laughter and stress relief to you.

My mum can still cope with company, but I am sure other TP members will have lots of advice on how to plan for family get-togethers with minimal disruption / upset to your husband.

Please don't be lonely, post often and gain strength and insight from others.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonyati