Dogs and Cats!

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
@Toony Oony That's lovely, yet also a sad way of charting how things have changed. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when I visited my mother at the CH, we were looking through a magazine with photos of cats and I mentioned a couple of them looked like her own cats, and named them. She just stared at me blankly. She was so besotted with her cats and I thought the one thing she'd take to her grave was the memories of them.

MollySW

Aug 19, 2019
Someone recommended a toy dog for mum and I also thought she might think I'm trying to 'fool' her but she loves teddies so I am going to give it a go. Going to try and get one which looks fairly lifelike and say that I bought her a present and see how it goes from there.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
@Toony Oony That's lovely, yet also a sad way of charting how things have changed. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when I visited my mother at the CH, we were looking through a magazine with photos of cats and I mentioned a couple of them looked like her own cats, and named them. She just stared at me blankly. She was so besotted with her cats and I thought the one thing she'd take to her grave was the memories of them.

I used to show my Dad pictures cat, but he didn’t recognise it & I didn’t want to distress him. Now he doesn’t recognise me!
Awful disease