Time shift

Rey61

Mar 23, 2017
My mother-in-law was in hospital overnight but clearly did not sleep after we left her at 5.00 am. The result has been prolonged periods of napping since her discharge this morning, a refusal to join us for her evening meal followed by coming to the table an hour later after she prepared her breakfast. We are totally exhausted and, when we suggested it was bedtime, we were met with a total refusal and being told that she had a day's work to do and we were lazy. (My husband is a farmer, I'm a supply teacher, help my husband, do the farm accounts, cook, do the washing etc etc). If this is a longer term time shift for her and not just hospital admittance and discharge disorientation, does anyone have any tips on how to get her back in a routine we can cope with? Please...

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I think you need to speak to her GP about a temporary sleeping pill to rejig her day. Zopiclone doesn’t work forever but if you get enough for a month then she will sleep during the night and hopefully establish a pattern.