Hello

lynne56

Oct 22, 2008
cumbria
Since September of this year I have been a full time carer for my mother who has dementia. I have given up work and have moved into her home to care for her. I am learning ‘the ropes’ but would be grateful for any support I can get. Both she and I have good days and bad days.

Lynne

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Lynne, welcome to TP.

I'm afraid we all know about the good days and bad days, they're part od the territory with AD.

You're very brave to have given up work to care for your mum. Any questions, just ask. And there's lots of support here for the bad days.

In the meantime, you might like to look at the AS factsheets:

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/factsheets

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Lynne

. Both she and I have good days and bad days.

Welcome to Talking Point [TP].

With reference to your quote above you are in good company. I think the majority of us would say the same.
If it`s support you want I hope you`ll find you`ve come to the right place. Just post whatever you wish, whenever you wish, there is always someone here.

Love xx

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Welcome to TP Lynne, you've found the right place for help and support. Come back and fire away with any questions you may have. You will usually find someone has 'worn the t-shirt' before you and are happy to share experiences good and bad.

Do hope the good days outweigh the bad at the moment for you.

Take care.