Sundowning and throwing my dad out of his house

MichelleG452

Aug 26, 2019
Mum took her first dose of mementine tonight. Within minutes she was upset because the little red light wasn't on the TV and it was all the tablets fault.(the little red light goes out when the TV is on). As she is on the 5mg dose we may have a bumpy ride ahead. Fasten seatbelts please!!

It probably won't work that quickly although my dad has been concerned that the mememtime is making things worse - but I am assured it is worth persevering as if it does work then it can be really very good. My mum is up to 20 mg now so we will be monitoring for a couple of weeks and reporting back to memory clinic.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Mum took her first dose of mementine tonight. Within minutes she was upset because the little red light wasn't on the TV and it was all the tablets fault.(the little red light goes out when the TV is on). As she is on the 5mg dose we may have a bumpy ride ahead. Fasten seatbelts please!!

How’s things going?
Seatbelts sign still on?

MichelleG452

Aug 26, 2019
Things just seem to be getting worse, not sure if it is the memamatime or just natural progression but dad is really struggling to cope. They were out with my sister yesterday and she said he is a saint as she struggled for only a few hours. The latest issue is mum accuses dad of kidnapping her. We see the memory clinic next week,

Mandy76

Jul 25, 2019
Things just seem to be getting worse, not sure if it is the memamatime or just natural progression but dad is really struggling to cope. They were out with my sister yesterday and she said he is a saint as she struggled for only a few hours. The latest issue is mum accuses dad of kidnapping her. We see the memory clinic next week,

Goodness, your poor family are having such a similar ordeal to mine. I've just written a lengthy post on the Newly Diagnosed section under "Mother not recognising her husband". We had an awful incident on Friday night where she thought me and my dad were impostors and had kidnapped the real us and were plotting to kill her.

I had to call the duty doctor tonight and get anti anxiety medication for her because she was all packed up with her coat on trying to get out the door to "go home". We went to the GP surgery to pick up the prescription, then I drove her out to the roundabout at the end of town then back so she could see the sign for the town, then took her back home and she recognised it on her return.

My poor dad was saying that he just can't handle this. He can't deal with her when she is hysterical about him being someone else or an impostor. Your poor dad will be in the same boat as my dad.

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
My mum (PWD) is travelling the same path at a slower speed, but you have, and will continue to receive, heap's of suggestions from many others who are ahead of you.

Reading your posts @Mandy76 and @MichelleG452 it looks to me as if your biggest support is coming from each other. There is a reason you have discovered TP at the same time and I think that is to share your worries and bolster each other up; to know that at the end of the day (or middle of the night) you can offload to someone who totally understands is going to be a great comfort.

At this point in time, stranger's but sister's-in-arms; you need each other.