now its mums journey

campervan21

May 4, 2017
It`s so hard when there doesn`t seem any way to soften people like your mum @campervan21. I think all we want for our people with dementia is for some form of contentment in the middle / later stages.

I suppose they are trying to find a suitable placement but every move increases the confusion. I know some people with dementia may have been over-medicated in the past, to make life easier for staff in care homes, but lay person as I am, I would prefer medication to torment, and risk the side effects.

Yes same here for here she is tormented

She hasn’t a clue what’s happening to her
Hopefully she’s in the right place to help her
Thank you

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope so too.

There was a resident in my husbands home who was full of torment. Nothing could be done to help her and it was painful to witness. The care staff and the mental health team did all they could but she was also moved to what was considered a more suitable facility.

I`ve no idea how she fared. She had a loving family who were in pieces with worry about her but of course once she was moved there was no contact.

campervan21

May 4, 2017
I hope so too.

There was a resident in my husbands home who was full of torment. Nothing could be done to help her and it was painful to witness. The care staff and the mental health team did all they could but she was also moved to what was considered a more suitable facility.

I`ve no idea how she fared. She had a loving family who were in pieces with worry about her but of course once she was moved there was no contact.

The home were brilliant with her, they just couldn’t meet her needs which seem to deteriorate each day

There’s four of us and we all help her and each other just hope this will help her before she is moved hopefully for last time

Sad for everyone involved really

Thank you