What's next, coping day to day

forbetterforworse

Aug 23, 2019
Hello- I am happy to find this site, to make me feel not alone in this journey. My husband was just "formally" diagnosed with BvFTD, however i have known for over 10 years, there was something wrong. I feel i mourned our relationship years ago, as he withdrew, became unreliable, and did not provide any emotional/financial/intimate support for me. I love him, and will be there for the journey, however, i need to know that i can do this. By reading all these posts, i have found that comfort. Thank you all for your openess to share, your caring support is helping many who travel this road. God Bless

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hello @forbetterforworse and welcome to the forum. As it happens I care for my mum who has vascular dementia - but we all tend to share experiences, knowledge and feelings regardless of specific diagnosis.
Glad you are finding the site helpful - it’s been a lifesaver for me x

Lilstar

Aug 11, 2019
Hello- I am happy to find this site, to make me feel not alone in this journey. My husband was just "formally" diagnosed with BvFTD, however i have known for over 10 years, there was something wrong. I feel i mourned our relationship years ago, as he withdrew, became unreliable, and did not provide any emotional/financial/intimate support for me. I love him, and will be there for the journey, however, i need to know that i can do this. By reading all these posts, i have found that comfort. Thank you all for your openess to share, your caring support is helping many who travel this road. God Bless

Lilstar

Aug 11, 2019
I am a newbie on this site with my husband just newly diagnosed with mixed and vascular, I have found comfort straight away with the overwhelming support you feel just posting a few lines from everyone on this site.I can’t give any advice as our journey is just starting other than welcome .

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
For those who are new carers the most important advice is to get all Practical stuff organised ASAP so as to Leave you free to concentrate on the development of the illness.

POA first and foremost either online or through a solicitor and registered straight away. Get the PWD used to doing things without you through joining Dementia groups and daycentres. Establishing these in the early days makes life easier later on. Go online and see what is on in your area and make contacts now so as not to be isolated later.

If you have specific questions then someone on here will have an answer.