Undoing wheelchair belt buckle.

Chunky

Mar 18, 2016
My OH constantly fiddles with the wheelchair belt buckle until it comes undone. Has anyone experienced this and found a remedy? Earlier she was undoing the car belt and standing up but hopefully a buckle guard that I have ordered will overcome this but is no use for the wheelchair belt.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Can you get onto the wheelchair supplier @Chunky and ask if a safety device is available.

I`m thinking about young people with special educational needs who use wheelchairs and there might be a device available to keep them safe.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
@Chunky - I wondered if you have any involvement with and Occupational Therapist. If so I think an OT might be able to advise on what might be best for this.,

Chunky

Mar 18, 2016
Can you get onto the wheelchair supplier @Chunky and ask if a safety device is available.

I`m thinking about young people with special educational needs who use wheelchairs and there might be a device available to keep them safe.
Thanks, another member has suggested contacting the OT and will start there.

Chunky

Mar 18, 2016
I know what you mean since our younger daughter is severely disabled but unfortunately I don't think the restraint would go down well with OH, but thanks for the suggestion.