Waterproof Chair Protector

Maggiejigs

Apr 22, 2018
At the moment my husband is peeing for Britain! I have all the necessary equipment on his bed and he wears Tena Maxi pull ups day and night. I was using the waterproof fabric pads for the cushion on any chairs he uses in the home + one in the car. However today I came home and found he had wet himself whilst sitting on the chair + protector and how, I will never know, but it went down the side of the cushion and onto the base and side of the chair - my new chairs . I found complete padded covers on a website but some people comment they are not waterproof so wondering if anyone on here has had similar situation and has suggestions? Wondering if the pants were too wet already and when he wet himself again the pants couldn’t absorb any more - but sideways!! I should say his waterworks are under investigation following radiation treatment for prostate cancer.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My dad was reluctant to change his pull-ups so often had a problem with them being overwhelmed. I used a Kylie type pad with a disposable puppy pad on top to try to keep the sofa dry. At one point I was layering up kylie + puppy pad + blanket + another puppy pad.

It all became a lot drier once he had carers in 4 times a day to make sure he changed his pull-ups - except overnight when he was always flooded!

One thing which I found indispensable was a carpet washer with a hose attachment for cleaning stairs and furniture which helped to keep the odours at bay.

I hope your new chair's OK.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Maggiejigs
I'll be honest, I put a matt plastic sheet over dad's chair with a chair protector and throw over it ... I did make sure he wasn't slipping ... even so the chair still took a few hits !

Maggiejigs

Apr 22, 2018
My dad was reluctant to change his pull-ups so often had a problem with them being overwhelmed. I used a Kylie type pad with a disposable puppy pad on top to try to keep the sofa dry. At one point I was layering up kylie + puppy pad + blanket + another puppy pad.

It all became a lot drier once he had carers in 4 times a day to make sure he changed his pull-ups - except overnight when he was always flooded!

One thing which I found indispensable was a carpet washer with a hose attachment for cleaning stairs and furniture which helped to keep the odours at bay.

I hope your new chair's OK.
Thanks for your concern Bunpoots. Things have abated somewhat and have sprayed the cushion and sides of chair with Dettol spray, when dry put bicarb soda on cushion, vacuumed that off after a day then sprayed with perfume!! Wondering what make of carpet washer you used. My carpets and furniture are only a year old - replacements for damage from flooding from upstairs tank

Maggiejigs

Apr 22, 2018
hi @Maggiejigs
I'll be honest, I put a matt plastic sheet over dad's chair with a chair protector and throw over it ... I did make sure he wasn't slipping ... even so the chair still took a few hits !
Thanks Shedrech - I have bought something similar for my chair and a nice throw

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
When John was alive I purchased several Kylie sheets for the bed but one went on the sofa in its entire length, tucked down at the sides. Luckily the colours matched!