Wills

lolly65

Aug 29, 2017
Hello everyone, I am currently waiting for my cop,1,from the courts to come through, moving forward how can imget my mum to make a will, as she has now loet the capacity, will my deputyship be enough to do this ? Any advice woild be greatly appreciated, thank you.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
No, Im afraid your mum has to make her own decision about a will - no-one (not even a deputy) can make that decision for for her. Im afraid that as she has lost capacity she can no longer make a will.

lolly65

Aug 29, 2017
No, Im afraid your mum has to make her own decision about a will - no-one (not even a deputy) can make that decision for for her. Im afraid that as she has lost capacity she can no longer make a will.
Ok thank you for the advice, I did think that but wanted to make sure, doesn't get easier does it......

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Gosh, I didnt know about that.
Thank you @Kevinl

The other alternative is for them to die intestate, which means that as they dont have a will their assets are divided up according to strict legal oder

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The court will only allow a statuary will when the intestacy rules are, in its opinion, inadequate.

Maybe somebody unrelated who had lived with the decease for many decades and perhaps now caring for them during a long term illness.