Welcome to Dementia Talking Point! Find out more and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingingIt1990

Aug 7, 2019
Hello, my situation is a little different, I have a toddler and have moved back to my mums post a break up. My nan passed last October of Alzheimer's and cancer and then shortly after her passing my stepdad got his diagnosis of Alzheimer's.

It's been a tough year and my mums not coping well (signed off with depression and drinking etc... Its completely destroyed our relationship). So I'm reaching out to get support for her (as all I've done all my life is put her first, I believe) and for me really (because I'm really struggling now coping). I'm trying to make her see what we have with my stepdad is the best it's going to be and we has to make the most of it, I understand her reactions but I'm trying to get through to her so she can help herself out of this hole.

Sorry, love a ramble :(

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Good morning @WingingIt1990 and welcome to Dementia Talking Point.

I'm sorry to read of your situation. It must be very hard for you all. I'm glad you've found this forum. It's a great place to get things off your chest, share your concerns or ask questions. Now that you've introduced yourself I look forward to seeing you around. There's always someone here to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.