Blogging about my mum's "journey" with young-onset dementia

Meg18

Oct 25, 2016
Hi there,

I was at university when my mum was diagnosed with young-onset Alzheimer's at age 56.

It took me a few months to go to anyone at the university with this, but they were very encouraging about writing about my mum's illness.

At the time, I wasn't ready, but I have developed a passion for volunteering, fundraising and raising awareness so I have started writing this blog. I hope to grow this blog and would love to hear your thoughts and criticisms:

Do you find this helpful as people who are experiencing something similar?
Do you think this contains anything helpful for people who have never experienced something like this?
Is there anything it's missing? Is there anything it should/could contain?

Feel free to use the "contact" section to get me directly, or comment here if you prefer.

mymumcaroline.wordpress.com

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

KeddyL

Jun 8, 2014
I wish I had more 'younger' people to talk to when my mum was diagnosed at 47 wgen i was 17 she died in January this year aged 57, i'm now 27. Its a bit too late for me now but I would of found it helpful. So sorry to hear about your mum. Xx

Travis95

Aug 1, 2019
I am in a similar situation Meg, I was a uni student too, just graduated this summer. However, I am an international student and I chose to sacrifice all my achievements in the UK to live with mom...

I am very confused too, what should I do now...

(5 minutes before reading this, I made a thread about this - "Place to rant and cry...")