I Know, But Should I... If I Have It!? Do You Know?

One Moment At A Time

Jan 4, 2019
Puerto Rico
Warm greetings I too been Dx with early stages of AD & I'm also a cancer survivor, tomorrow Saturday I'm going on a "date" with my dear wife & our two treasures (our adorable grandsons 9 & 11) to the movies to watch "Lion King" & afterwards we eat out, be safe & always buckle up--- it's one moment at a time / baby steps & utilizing daily the "Serenity Pray" --- it has help me a lot for many years, respectfully a big hug,

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hi San'Fairy'Ann... really.... that is your name!? Love it! Do you have a preference.... San, Fairy, or Ann!? :rolleyes: I used to live on a narrowboat and I was known as Wobbly Dick... I wobbled a lot and my name is Richard... I had to change it! :eek:

Sorry about that.. seem to be in a funny mood this morning... got to take medication! o_O

I'm with you about how hard it is to keep motivated to fix this, but we don't have a choice really... do we? We are stuck with it and how we, and others deal with it... is up to us!

I'm going to beat it... or die trying! In fact I think it is most likely that I will die anyway... I heard it somewhere it happens to us all!? I'll do everything and anything I can; I have told my family that I will take part in any testing, research, or anything else that will help me achieve this goal. I tell the neurologist, you can operate and looking inside my head... I give you permission... he smiles and nods... you just know what he is thinking, but what he doesn't know is that I am deadly serious!

One of the main problems with being diagnosed with dementia, is you stop being you, you become one of them! It is like this mad Zombie graze... everything is Zombies... we are all running around, in our own lost World, doing all the maddening things that we do, or expected to do and treat us as one big entityo_O:rolleyes::oops::eek::D:confused::mad::(;):)

Looking inside... yea know that feeling.. looking for the something that is not quite reachable.... it's dark and it seem to want me.. it is so easy just to let that darkness take over... I think we are still there, somewhere, we just have to find our way back!

I will finish with telling you how I exist.... There are two parts of me... Me and Mini Me.... Me is what everyone sees from the outside looking in... this is often out of my control. Mini Me, is the me inside, what people don't see... Mini Me is inside my head, locked away to a turmoil of trying to get Me to do what I want! Mini Me can not keep control of everything to do with Me; even communication is more often than not, one way. It is Mini Me that is here now, writing this post, because it is the only way I get to tell anyone what is happening in my World. Mini Me has time to think, plan, edit, re-edit, read and re-read, take the time to process my thoughts and then my fingers do the typing! Me and Mini Me are in a constant battle... Mini Me is trying to keep this big lump of a machine from breaking down anymore... when one thing seems to be working ok, something else is falling to bits.... Keeping the lines of communication open is probably the most challenging.... I think I won't let them go... but that is when Me... starts ranting with the outside World and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about!?

Wow an amazing explanation!
Respect!
Please don’t stop being funny & you - mini me doing a great job
X

Chalkie

Jan 19, 2018
I know very well that I have dementia. It's the little things - a bit of confusion following conversations, losing myself in a sentence, forgetting grandchildren's names, needing to be told/shown several times before I 'get it', struggling to find words. However, my mixed dementia has its blessings - my husband and I savour every day and live for the moment now, my children show love and support they didn't before, I have made new friends who, with their own experience of dementia, understand me. Yes, I know it will get worse, but I live for today and don't think about tomorrow. After all, something else might get me before dementia does!

bobmacwos

Jun 3, 2018
hi to all in this post/thread
i have posted before but not lately
i have mixed type alzeimers and vascular dementia
it is very hard for most people to get a diagnoisi and accept it
like in one post the person was told it didnt matter which type you had as all the same
this is proved by the different patterns and behaviourers they cause
a good clinic wiil be able to give a good diagnoisis
i had bad depression and was told that was why my memory was bad espically short term memrory
and cos i had axneity and then just before memory clinic diagnosed dementia i was found to have ptsd as ex army
which had been denied for years
i have accepted my dementia and am on mematine because cant have doneprizel
and have been on holiday now as on my bucket listif you have friends and family go ou t and mix with people and lunches out and to hold up yourself
i am also deaf and mobility problems too but will not let dementia beat me until the end
my mum had it and my gran too so not a strange thing to have in the family
good luck aLL AND KEEP UP THE GOOD FIG

bpop

Aug 4, 2019
You are already doing what I suggested, looking at profiles and posts of thread starters, comparing their experience, and maybe joining in one of their threads.

I don't have dementia, I joined TP because my late wife had LBD, I don't start threads in the forum, like many others without dementia I join in and try to help/

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I know very well that I have dementia. It's the little things - a bit of confusion following conversations, losing myself in a sentence, forgetting grandchildren's names, needing to be told/shown several times before I 'get it', struggling to find words. However, my mixed dementia has its blessings - my husband and I savour every day and live for the moment now, my children show love and support they didn't before, I have made new friends who, with their own experience of dementia, understand me. Yes, I know it will get worse, but I live for today and don't think about tomorrow. After all, something else might get me before dementia does!

Much love to you & your husband; you made me smile & cry at the same time!
Xx

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hope you have a favourite piece of music & can enjoy dancing as if no one is watching !

I often join in the dancing at Dads care home!
Who knew you could jive with a walking frame!!!!

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Hi San'Fairy'Ann... really.... that is your name!? Love it! Do you have a preference.... San, Fairy, or Ann!? :rolleyes: I used to live on a narrowboat and I was known as Wobbly Dick... I wobbled a lot and my name is Richard... I had to change it! :eek:

Sorry about that.. seem to be in a funny mood this morning... got to take medication! o_O

I'm with you about how hard it is to keep motivated to fix this, but we don't have a choice really... do we? We are stuck with it and how we, and others deal with it... is up to us!

I'm going to beat it... or die trying! In fact I think it is most likely that I will die anyway... I heard it somewhere it happens to us all!? I'll do everything and anything I can; I have told my family that I will take part in any testing, research, or anything else that will help me achieve this goal. I tell the neurologist, you can operate and looking inside my head... I give you permission... he smiles and nods... you just know what he is thinking, but what he doesn't know is that I am deadly serious!

One of the main problems with being diagnosed with dementia, is you stop being you, you become one of them! It is like this mad Zombie graze... everything is Zombies... we are all running around, in our own lost World, doing all the maddening things that we do, or expected to do and treat us as one big entityo_O:rolleyes::oops::eek::D:confused::mad::(;):)

Looking inside... yea know that feeling.. looking for the something that is not quite reachable.... it's dark and it seem to want me.. it is so easy just to let that darkness take over... I think we are still there, somewhere, we just have to find our way back!

I will finish with telling you how I exist.... There are two parts of me... Me and Mini Me.... Me is what everyone sees from the outside looking in... this is often out of my control. Mini Me, is the me inside, what people don't see... Mini Me is inside my head, locked away to a turmoil of trying to get Me to do what I want! Mini Me can not keep control of everything to do with Me; even communication is more often than not, one way. It is Mini Me that is here now, writing this post, because it is the only way I get to tell anyone what is happening in my World. Mini Me has time to think, plan, edit, re-edit, read and re-read, take the time to process my thoughts and then my fingers do the typing! Me and Mini Me are in a constant battle... Mini Me is trying to keep this big lump of a machine from breaking down anymore... when one thing seems to be working ok, something else is falling to bits.... Keeping the lines of communication open is probably the most challenging.... I think I won't let them go... but that is when Me... starts ranting with the outside World and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about!?
Thanks for your insight into this condition. Wishing you love and luck :) x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Celiagibson