Fix Dementia Care - letter to the new PM

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hi everyone,

You'll probably have seen the stories in the news over the last few weeks about the enormous costs of care affecting people with dementia and their families. Our estimates put the figure at almost £15 billion spent over the last two years.

Now that a new Prime Minister has been announced, we are standing with people affected by dementia by letting him know that the dementia crisis cannot be ignored any longer. We refuse to allow the broken system to continue - it is unfair, unsustainable and in urgent need of reform.

You can back our letter to the Prime Minister, asking him to #FixDementiaCare as an urgent priority, by adding your name today. If you'd like to do this, all you need to do is click below and you'll be taken to the letter.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Hi @HarrietD ,

I have signed the letter but have to say I thought it was a bit wishy-washy! I found it a bit vague - not strongly-worded enough and not really spelling out some of the current problems.

I would have liked to have seen something more specific, perhaps with bullet points and/or suggestions for ways forward rather than what seems to me a rather easily-ignored cry for help.

Just my opinion and no offence intended - I just expected something a lot stronger :(

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
He's not going to listen so don't waste your breath. Plus I agree - the letter doesn't spell out clearly what you actually want. Boris isn't a details man.

Wifenotcarer

Mar 11, 2018
Central Scotland
Hi everyone,

You'll probably have seen the stories in the news over the last few weeks about the enormous costs of care affecting people with dementia and their families. Our estimates put the figure at almost £15 billion spent over the last two years.

Now that a new Prime Minister has been announced, we are standing with people affected by dementia by letting him know that the dementia crisis cannot be ignored any longer. We refuse to allow the broken system to continue - it is unfair, unsustainable and in urgent need of reform.

You can back our letter to the Prime Minister, asking him to #FixDementiaCare as an urgent priority, by adding your name today. If you'd like to do this, all you need to do is click below and you'll be taken to the letter.

I have signed the letter, although I am aware that the situation re funding of Dementia Care is different in Scotland (and Wales too?) but hoping that extra funding would be shared UK wide.

Also could you explain how to share this on Social Media?