Mental exercises - suggestions please

Tattytatoes

Jul 21, 2019
My dad is still being diagnosed and I’m thinking it will be good to try and introduce some activity that uses his brain and keeps him engaged. Over the last couple of days he seems to have perked up and I believe it is down to the fact that he has been doing a few jobs around the house using his brain to do this and he hasn’t done that for years. Don’t know what sparked it off but long may it last. Can you please suggest any good exercises or puzzles etc. Is there a book of suitable mental challenges for him. Thanks just trying to do as much as possible to keep this upward trend going for him.

BluTinks

Dec 7, 2018
Jigsaws, chess if possible .cards, scrabble, monopoly ,bridge anything that keeps mind exercised bingo if he wants. hand eye coordination good exercise depends if he liked being mathematical or using words, if he likes being sociable or one to one it’s about building confidence . Don’t force it , make it organic to the situation

manArgentina

Aug 10, 2019
Mendoza, Argentina
Paint something ? Depends how much money you can spend. But maybe buy some unfinished things like vases, and he paint them. Sorry, should have to think more, but thats the only comes to mind now.