High5

Trekker

Jun 18, 2019
London
I have only recently joined TP but have already felt great admiration for so many of you and am grateful that you take the time to offer support to others when you have so much on your own plates. I have also heard, and told, some tales of professionals who have helped us by doing a good job and being compassionate, the latter, sadly not always being the case. So I thought it might be nice to have a high5 thread so we can acknowledge those we meet on here or those in the rest of our lives whom we think deserve recognition and thanks.
I’d like to start by saying high5 to all the TP team, volunteers and otherwise, for everything you do.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hi @Trekker , excellent idea and wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments . I would like to say the Admiral Nurse I spoke to and family Navigator both brilliant :):D

Thanks to everyone on DTP:p

Trekker

Jun 18, 2019
London
High5 to my eldest daughter for calling her dad, rather than me, ‘to protect me’, when my mother called her, saying ‘this is your Aunt, please ask your mother to call me’. (She must have found an old list with my daughter’s number on, but god knows where, she hasn’t called her in years. I do hope she doesn’t call my other children too, when they’re at work or trying to sleep). Not sure who my mother thinks my daughter is- presumably her sister’s daughter, not that she has one. As it happens I picked up my husband’s phone, so I found out about it all anyway. But bless my adult child for trying. I do hate it that have to worry about me like this.

Stripey3

May 29, 2019
Hi 5 to the dementia navigator that I had dealings with. At the time Imwas battling with Social Services and getting nowhere. I was pretty much on the floor with the whole dementia journey and she was brilliant. So knowledgeable and gave Great advice and guidance and thanks to her I was up and ready to fight again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caroline124