Assistive technology

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
hi any experience or thoughts and advice on alarms cameras etc to allow me to
Go home at night but to alert me in case my dad goes out in the middle of the night been scouring the internet for anything but all seem unsuitable hes in a commuial flat and dont want to use noisy alarms or rustle up Careline just because hes gone to the loo just need something to alert me if he opens the door at night to go wandering social Worker said i got to try and go home but im not happy said they wont pay towards watch night care unless its proven hes going wandering at night the only thing ive found is a camera called blink which alerts me on mu phone of ot senses motion etc
Thanks

deepetshopboy

Jul 7, 2008
Thank you ive looked at it
Ive orderd a motion sensor camera which texts me if it detects.Movement also a door sensor again which detects movements and texts me a cordless phone for a bedroom
Social services suggested a alarmed doormat which would be disturbing and annoy and cause trouble with my dads nasty neighbour leaving him even more vuntable by himself having to cope with her-moaning at him in the middle of the night and banging oh hes door

rainbowcat

Oct 14, 2015
We have a Nest camera and my brother has it set so that his mobile phone alerts him if there's any movement in areas that my dad doesn't usually occupy. It's been excellent. You can also pay for a cloud service so that you can rewind over a period of time (I think it's 1 day, 5 days, 1 month, unlimited) so that you can review later.