hi guys newbee here.

marc66

Jul 18, 2019
hi guys,my partner been diagnosed with vascular dementia.to say im having a issue coming to terms with the diagnosis is an understatement.need support and other carers to talk to.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @marc66. Welcome to Dementia Talking Point .

It`s not surprising you're having trouble coming to terms with your partners diagnosis. You're among others who all know what it`s like.

Just keep posting and reading and although nothing can make it better you will get support and understanding here.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @marc66. Welcome from me too.

You must be feeling overwhelmed at the moment but you’ll always find someone who understands here. I couldn’t have looked after my dad with Vascular Dementia without the support I received from DTP to keep me sane!

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
hi guys,my partner been diagnosed with vascular dementia.to say im having a issue coming to terms with the diagnosis is an understatement.need support and other carers to talk to.
It is a dreadful shock as I remember so well. Even though you may have had suspicions it is still a hammer blow and I don’t know how I would have coped if I had not stumbled across this forum when desperately searching for information. The support and fellow feeling is so valuable, and the nature of it let’s you let off the steam that is not so easy with people face to face. Let it all out and there is always someone to give you advice and a kind word. Problems in coping with the symptoms arise all the time and there are always suggestions about how to deal with it.

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Welcome. You will find everyone here is so helpful with advice and ideas of how to cope with new issues as they arise. I don’t know how I would have coped over the years without my friends on TP. A great place to let off steam when things are being difficult knowing that no one will judge as everyone is on the same page at different levels. It will take you time to adjust and come to terms with the diagnosis so be kind to yourself.

Guzelle

Aug 27, 2016
Sheffield
So sorry you have entered this world it’s the hardest journey I’ve ever been on. Keep posting as there is always someone to help you.