I have Lewy Body Dementia

Dennisthehorse

Jul 9, 2019
Hello. I was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia in Oct 2018. I am new to the group. It would be useful to link in with others in the same situation. I am feeling really sad today following double incontinence. I need a mattress cover that doesn't make me sweat. I am currently using the padded pants but when I turn in my sleep they leak.

Currently I spend many many hours asleep through the day. Does anyone else find this? I still sleep at night and frequently visit the loo.

I look for a timeline for the degeneration of my health, not because I am excited by it but because I need a handle for the future.

Oh by the way, Dennis is my tourney horse. I used to be very involved in Morris dancing and turned to Dennis the Horse to carry me around. (Carer comment - this is true)

Thank you for your time

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
. I need a mattress cover that doesn't make me sweat

Hello Dennisthehorse

I`m sorry you're feeling so low but it's not surprising when you have so much to face.

There are carers and people on the forum with Lewy Body Dementia and I hope when they come on line they`ll see your post and connect with you.

I might be able to help with a mattress cover which won`t make you sweat. I bought this one.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/qui...f-mattress-protector/p/p22476628?prevPage=srp

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Hello. I was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia in Oct 2018. I am new to the group. It would be useful to link in with others in the same situation.

There is a member @Norrms who has LBD and regularly posts.
You can read his posts >>>here<<<
As I have tagged him in this post he may reply to this thread or contact you by 'conversation' - private messaging between members. If he does you should get a flag alert and , depending on settings, an email.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
A welcome from me too @Dennisthehorse ,

Re. the issue you raised about a mattress cover that doesn't make you sweat, I found that terry towelling waterproof mattress covers worked best for my husband.

They don't rustle noisily like a lot of waterproof bedding products do - and the towelling side was both comfortable to sleep on and he didn't overheat at all

I purchased ours online. Several companies produce them and they come in all bed sizes. Just Google terry towelling waterproof mattress protectors and you should find some helpful links.

I hope that helps a bit.

Dennisthehorse

Jul 9, 2019
Thank you to everyone for their comments and ideas. We have just worked out that it is an Ikea bed and mattress so not standard size. They do do a mattress cover so we are going to try that. (Carer)