He spoke to me!

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
After weeks of no response my lovely man actually spoke to me! Only a couple of words but he was looking at me and communicating. I had thought that I was never going to hear his voice again so it was like Christmas and New Year rolled into one several times over. He sat and held my hand for almost the three hours I was with him and to have that connection was truly wonderful. For once I left his room and the care home feeling good instead of holding back the tears. As I have said before I have been really struggling with the no response so you can imagine how much this has meant to me.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s why we never give up, why we never say we've lost them.

Who could have expected that Jean and if you hadn't been there you may have missed a special time.

I'm so pleased for you.

Bree

Oct 16, 2013
Just a little light relief.

MOH was hallucinating in the hospital on Monday, he was very agitated and restless, I held his hand and spoke words of re-assurance to him, after several minutes of this he looked at me and spoke my name, I replied, 'yes', and then he said 'shut up' !

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Just a little light relief.

MOH was hallucinating in the hospital on Monday, he was very agitated and restless, I held his hand and spoke words of re-assurance to him, after several minutes of this he looked at me and spoke my name, I replied, 'yes', and then he said 'shut up' !

That made me laugh! X