A very long year

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Well it's a year today since Dad died. A long year . Mum had to go into care and yes she's settled of a sort.....she had no choice...and yes I do feel l dumped her even though I had no choice.i see her every two weeks. Their home is almost sold ....we should complete this week but Mum doesn't know. The hardest year of my life.

But at the other end of the spectrum I have a new Grandson. He is absolutely adorable and I see him as often as I can. He fills my heart with joy.

It's like riding a rollercoaster.

Guzelle

Aug 27, 2016
Sheffield
I finished work last July to look after my Husband and it hasn’t been easy. But I too have s new grandson born on the 30th April which had brought me such joy. My daughter had been trying for 4 years and this was IVF in Belgium as she didn’t have any success here with IVF. It’s kept me going and he is so lovely I see him 2 to 3 times per week.

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Rollercoaster is a perfect description @Susan11. I’m glad your new Grandson brings you so much joy.
Thank you. My husband is doing a lot of driving. My Mum lives three and a half hours away in one direction and my daughter and Grandson are one and a half hours drive in the opposite direction.

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
I finished work last July to look after my Husband and it hasn’t been easy. But I too have s new grandson born on the 30th April which had brought me such joy. My daughter had been trying for 4 years and this was IVF in Belgium as she didn’t have any success here with IVF. It’s kept me going and he is so lovely I see him 2 to 3 times per week.
You are so lucky to see him so often . We see our Grandson once a week . Lots of driving involved in seeing my Mum as well.

Guzelle

Aug 27, 2016
Sheffield
My daughter lives half an hour drive away, she used to live 15 minutes walk away which was even better especially now with the baby but they wanted a bigger house. It must be hard for you with all the driving!

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
My daughter lives half an hour drive away, she used to live 15 minutes walk away which was even better especially now with the baby but they wanted a bigger house. It must be hard for you with all the driving!
I am very fortunate that my Husband does all the driving. My daughter only lives 17miles away but in London traffic it takes an hour and a half. It must have been a difficult time for your daughter . My daughter left it late....she's 38 but luckily didn't have any problems.

Guzelle

Aug 27, 2016
Sheffield
I have to do all the driving now! There isn’t a lot of traffic where she lives in Doncaster it’s about 14 miles from where we live in Sheffield. It takes no more than 30 minutes. My daughter is 36 she got married when she was 31 and started trying straight away. After a year they went for tests but couldn’t find anything wrong. The egg just wasn’t fertilising. After several tries she heard about a clinic in Belgium and went last summer and luckily it worked and we have a gorgeous baby boy. I think she will try for another next year!

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
I have to do all the driving now! There isn’t a lot of traffic where she lives in Doncaster it’s about 14 miles from where we live in Sheffield. It takes no more than 30 minutes. My daughter is 36 she got married when she was 31 and started trying straight away. After a year they went for tests but couldn’t find anything wrong. The egg just wasn’t fertilising. After several tries she heard about a clinic in Belgium and went last summer and luckily it worked and we have a gorgeous baby boy. I think she will try for another next year!
That sounds great. You must all have been so pleased that the proceedure worked.
When I get home from seeing my Grandson (who's 6 weeks old now) I feel guilty that I haven't been worrying about my Mum. Silly isn't it.

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Well the house is sold. We completely cleared it with the help of the Salvation Army and only the wardrobes had to be broken up. Still kept too much and my house is full of bags to be sorted.
I know there was no point in keeping it as i would be worried all winter about a pipe bursting and damage being done but I am emotionally drained. Can't go back now. Just hoping Mum doesn't keep asking about it when we visit. I wasn't really prepared for all this and am still tearfull. It doesn't help that Mum is so far away but I tried to deal with that but Mum wouldn't agree . I couldn't cope with having her at home with me and the Care home is very nice. Still sad though. Perhaps with time I will be able to cope better.