Help needed with checklist for CHC

padmag

May 8, 2012
nottingham
Good luck for your appeal, let me know the outcome and if you can the format of the meeting. It would be good to be a 'fly on the wall' at these appeal meetings to see how thay pan out so we can be well informed before our own meeting. I presume you are doing the appeal yourself? It's a bit like swotting for an exam although those days are long gone!

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Good luck for your appeal, let me know the outcome and if you can the format of the meeting. It would be good to be a 'fly on the wall' at these appeal meetings to see how thay pan out so we can be well informed before our own meeting. I presume you are doing the appeal yourself? It's a bit like swotting for an exam although those days are long gone!
Will do @padmag. Yes, doing myself (taking a friend for support). Gx

padmag

May 8, 2012
nottingham
It has been a while since I posted on this thread. The Stage 2 appeal meeting took place yesterday. Unfortunately i was unable to attend as I have damaged my knee and am housebound at the moment and (you will see from my thread about Richard my PWD) Richard had to go into respite until I can function again.
In the event it was my sister on her own at the meeting with the solicitor dialing in. The outcome is that they have suggested another DST, after the mention of the downgrades and Mum's grade 3 skin ulcer. So we have to go through it all again...........I am so weary of it all, coupled with the fact that the solicitor had very little to say and was not supportive, the onus was almost entirely on my sister. It is very disheartening and I know from advice on here that it would be.
Georgina63 - how did your appeal go?

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Now over a year since I posted this and I finally have a date later this month for an IRP (independent review panel) with NHS England after our local appeal was upheld.

That's quick - we're just at the stage of getting a local appeal meeting, more than 2.5 years after we requested one! :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBTC