My mom with Alzheimer’s

Sweettibbz

Oct 16, 2017
How do you cope when your loved one calls you names. It’s really upset me today I know it’s not her fault. Just feel really down today.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Sweettibbz

I didn’t experience this first hand as my dad always went for my daughter (he would have been mortified if he’d been himself) but it was horrible to see. I used to tell dad off and keep my daughter away from him and eventually it passed.

Is there anyone who could do this for you? If not I suggest telling your LO that such language is not acceptable and walk away. If she has any awareness it may stop the behaviour - it did with dad - although he’d never admit he was wrong he behaved better when we saw him again.

I’m not surprised you’re feeling down. I used to come and rant on here when things got too much for me. It helped.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I say "if you are going to be like that im not going to listen" and I walk out - usually just into the garden and after 10 mins I come back and make some coffee.

Sweettibbz

Oct 16, 2017
Thank you. I also come on here to have a moan about things. It just helps to get it off you chest.