LPA and Dept of Work and Pensions

Roxymoo

Apr 13, 2019
Hi
I know we need to inform DWP of the LPA we have in place for my Dad, does anyone know how we do this? Do we just send in the certified copy? Or do I need to call them first? Sorry if this has been asked before, just can’t seem to find answer! Registering it with the bank was easy as we just walked into branch with the original LPA.
Thanks in advance

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
I rang the relevant benefits sections to inform them and just needed to send one certified copy which they scanned and returned. Best to give them a call first so that you get the right address to send it to as they have loads of different departments. I got a copy of the original certified by the local Job Centre - they will do this for free for DWP benefits purposes - but if you've already got a certified copy send that.

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Hi
I know we need to inform DWP of the LPA we have in place for my Dad, does anyone know how we do this? Do we just send in the certified copy? Or do I need to call them first? Sorry if this has been asked before, just can’t seem to find answer! Registering it with the bank was easy as we just walked into branch with the original LPA.
Thanks in advance
Hi when you send the LPA to utility companies,private pension companies etc,include a cover note telling them that the LPA needs to be returned to you,it won't take long to send all those copies and at least everything has been done properly then

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
I only informed the DWP I had LPA when I applied for Attendance Allowance on my mother's behalf.
They were extremely efficient and one of the few places where I had absolutely no problems - they returned the LPA very quickly. I was surprised to find the info must have filtered into other departments because they noted she is now in a care home and sent her the correct rate of Winter Fuel payment last year.