How to stop difficult behaviour

Catastrophe

Feb 15, 2019
Thank you all for your replies, it helps to know I am not the only one.
And yes Dad complains of being hot when eating and goes through a whole routine of puffing and panting and groaning.
I find meal times a big chore with all the fuss. Often just sit with Dad while he eats then have mine later.

Catastrophe

Feb 15, 2019
Thank you all for your replies, it helps to know I am not the only one.
And yes Dad complains of being hot when eating and goes through a whole routine of puffing and panting and groaning.
I find meal times a big chore with all the fuss. Often just sit with Dad while he eats then have mine later.

Abbey82

Jun 12, 2018
Again, my Dad was the same. He could become angry if you tried to remove his coat also, his OCD has become super heightened throughout his FTD. One thing we found was to restrict his clothing, during the night or when one of us took him out we switched the clothes in his wardrobe to cotton shirts, shorts, thin jumpers etc and removed all coats, thick jumpers etc. Granted he got a little agitated asking where such and such was but within 10 minutes he had forgotten and could only wear what was in there. That helped to ensure he was wearing more weather appropriate clothing

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
My hubby has always been stick thin, weighs the same now as he did in his early 20s and has always felt the cold. So when he continued to wear thermal t shirts at the start of summer I didn't think anything about it. Like wise the winter before he was diagnosed he was always turning the heating up to about 25deg. Now of course I can see these were all pre diagnosis signs. Now he is immobile, funnily enough, he is the other way and complains of feeling the heat.