Not Much

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
I don't come on TP much anymore
I used to, and was even going to be a TP moderator.
I had a fairly massive stroke, but have managed to get mostly over it.
These days when I do post I seem to be either largely ignored or get told that I'm worng.
Maybe TP has outlived its use for me

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @john51 it is good to see you back again.

Everyone has periods where they find TP useful and other times when its not so
Is there anything that we can help with?

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I'm sorry that you are not enjoying TP as you once did. But this is not unusual - I think we've all had times when we've come less often and other times when we're here all the time.

Yes, it can be discouraging when our posts seem to be ignored but we must remember that the people coming here are not a homogeneous group. Everyone's needs are very different, as are their stories.

I would encourage you to pop in once in a while at least.

Ohso

Jan 4, 2018
I don't come on TP much anymore
I used to, and was even going to be a TP moderator.
I had a fairly massive stroke, but have managed to get mostly over it.
These days when I do post I seem to be either largely ignored or get told that I'm worng.
Maybe TP has outlived its use for me
Hi, I am fairly new here, I guess about 18 months, and find it great, I sometimes find that after I post the thread dies and I have wondered if it was something I said, or the way I said it :(but then my next post grows legs and lots of people get involved and even answer me directly which I find lovely, that something I have said has resonated with someone, often in the middle of the night or 4am ( not sure why I wake at that time, maybe I should start a thread!!:p)

Anyway, my point is, that maybe you are overthinking this, if you feel the site helped you in the past, chances are it will again, and as for getting told you are wrong, hell, if everyone told me how often I was wrong my ears would fall off, but for the one time I am right, it makes my day rosy again.

Having said that, I am sure there are clashes of personality/experiences/attitudes etc and often the way things come across in type are often not how they are intended ( I am often told I am too blunt...not here, in real life, ;)so cant even blame typing!! Maybe I am a little like Marmite) so if you find you dont quite see eye to eye with someone ignore them, or avoid threads that might be contentious, but dont leave if this site brings you comfort or shared experiences or even the occasional laugh ( I laughed out loud at a post the other day but didnt dare say in case anyone was offended, as it was about what someone with dementia had said)...I still found it funny though, but erred on side of caution as I love this site and would miss it like mad if I didnt have the endless support it offers. xx I hope you stay xx

mysanity

Jun 18, 2019
Although I am a new member, I have only made one post. I read the post/threads regularly and find lot of the posts extremely useful. From my point of view all posts are important. Never take to heart or feel that your posts are ignored, or wrong. It is just that sometimes, it may not be relevant at this time to other users. I know that at some point in the future all posts will be relevant. Keep trucking on and remember, you're voice and input to any discussions is EXTREMELY important.

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
Hi John, I have only been on here a year or so, and don't post much, but I do note all the others, and sometimes I don’t reply as I don’t feel I have much experience to offer yet. But I take heart from lots of other posts, and although some are depressing (sorry) a lot are informative. So don’t leave, it’s somewhere to come to know that you are not alone, anytime of the day or night.

mysanity

Jun 18, 2019
I have a partner diagnosed with AD last year, although symptoms started around 2 1/2 years ago. He is considered young at 59 and I am 57 with a 19 year old daughter and all the financial responsibilities of running and managing a home. I have to work to pay the bills and have struggled up until recently with dealing with all that has happened over the last few years. I also struggle with what the future holds both for my partner and myself. I have taken time out of work for a few months to deal with all the emotional affects of having a partner with AD. I did not give up my previous role, the contract came to an end. I am now ready to get back my identity and give support to my partner. Yesterday, I secured a job with the Alzheimers Society as a Dementia Advisor. I know 100% that had I not read the threads and posts, particularly of those members who have AD, I would not have secured the role, despite my own experiences. I still have a lot to learn, but throughout my interview I talked about everyones journey being different and that what works for one person, be it the person with AD or the Carer of the person with AD, does not work for everyone. Believe me, your posts are important and will be relevant, both now and in the future.