Help!!!

Banabarama

Dec 28, 2018
Sussex
i haven’t looked or posted for ages but I remember kind souls. I am at wits end with OH and need advice.
He has had a sudden steep steep decline. We thought UTI and doc prescribed antibiotics. Didn’t work and he got worse so they have prescribed different, presumably stronger. I thought they were working but today has been awful. Why is it always at a weekend?!! Has now had 3.5 days on new antibiotics so I would have expected improvement. Any ideas? I feel like I want to palm him off onto the ambulance people but I know that is irresponsible!

myss

Jan 14, 2018
Can I ask - did the doctor actually test your dad's urine for UTIs?

Banabarama

Dec 28, 2018
Sussex
Not the first time as apparently it was sent to hospital in wrong container so they didn’t test. I gave them a new one on Thursday which was when they gave me new antibiotics although this was before test results. It’s my husband not my dad. My dad would never have been such a difficult person, I am so sure, if he had dementia!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
You're not irresponsible, and you are not palming him off. If he is sick, call help - no one is going to have a go at you for it.

myss

Jan 14, 2018
Sorry @Banabarama I'm not sure why I mixed up your dad with your husband!

I've no medical qualification but I would imagine how quick antibiotics work is dependent on the infection and the person. If you're concerned, speak to someone on non-emergency medical number (I think it's 111) or call your doctor's out of hours number, or if need be call 999. All the best x

Banabarama

Dec 28, 2018
Sussex
Thank you. He’s eating moussaka now and seemingly without difficulty although it was difficult to get him to the dining room and into the seat. I really don’t understand how he can go from finding basic things impossible to sitting there are eating without any trouble (except there is a fair bit on the floor). But I do make a nice moussaka even though I say do myself!! Maybe as eating is the most important staying alive instinct! He certainly doesn’t know where he is in the room.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan